Workplace review site Glassdoor has released its rankings of Employees' Choice Awards for 2018's Best Places to Work, with Facebook topping the list for the third time.
Three companies have found themselves on the list repeatedly for their great work-places since the list was created almost a decade ago: Google, the world's most popular search giant, Apple, and Bain and Company, a consulting firm. Academy Mortgage is the only home loan lender on the list of 100.
The Employees' Choice Awards program, now in its 10th year, relies exclusively on the input of employees, who voluntarily and anonymously elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments, and companies via Glassdoor. "We are thrilled with this award because it comes from real employees' reviews and authentic feedback", said Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook Chief Operating Officer.
"Reviews include employees' opinions on some of the best reasons to work for their employer, any downsides, advice to management, and whether they'd recommend their employer to a friend", Business Insider reported, adding that employees also rated how satisfied they are with their "employer overall, their CEO, and key workplace attributes like career opportunities, compensation and benefits, culture, and values". "Further, this award is a symbol of our employees' belief in our commitment to excellence and our vision to Inspire Hope, Deliver Dreams and Build Prosperity".
When employees submit reviews about their employer on Glassdoor, they are asked to discuss the pros and cons of working for that employer.
Common complaints among current and former Apple employees on Glassdoor paint a picture of a company that is somehow "strapped for resources" despite having more money than any firm in history, internal politics that can make advancement hard, and heavy pressure to "deliver at a high standard with quick turnaround".
- NHL Agrees to Consider Seattle Expansion Proposal
- Convention: Elect vibrant, young leaders - PDP South Africa
- Fortnite Battle Royale's new gametype is an ambitious 50v50 mode
- Morocco: Dubai International Film Festival Opens With Morocco's Participation
- Saudi Arabia: Trump Jerusalem move marks 'drastic regression' of peace efforts
- Bryan Singer reportedly sued for allegedly raping 17-year-old
- King Salman warns against embassy move to Jerusalem
- Botty Investors Trimmed Thermo Fisher Scntfc (TMO) Holding; Primerica Has 1.1 Sentiment
- Name of new Polish prime minister to be disclosed today: senior MP
- Link can ride a motorcycle in Breath of the Wild's new DLC