On December 7, Vishal claimed that he was informed by media that the only way to get his nomination accepted was to produce the two individuals who have signed for him. The actor took to twitter and posted, 'I'm very much anxious about their safety & security Whether I Win or Lose, Democracy truly Lost!' The actor after his announcement, filed his nomination for the RK Nagar by-polls on Monday.
The family also refrained from commenting on the matter of forged signatures. Vishal had met Chief Electoral Officer Rajesh Lakhoni on Wednesday and petitioned him seeking a recall of the order passed by the RO. My nomination was accepted & later rejected.
Vishal says the seesaw between yes and no would have been highly flattering if it was not so scary. I'm very much anxious about their safety & security. However, the seeming attempts to sabotage my tentative foray into active politics also indicates a subversion of all democratic norms.
Vishal tweeted to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Kovind to ask why his nomination was accepted and later rejected.
Actor Vishal Krishna whose nomination for Chennai's RK Nagar by-polls was cancelled after two proposers alleged their signatures were forged on nomination papers, said on Thursday he feared that their life might be in danger.
Vishal was upset by the development and tweeted, "Democracy at its lowest low!"
The RK Nagar assembly seat is vacant since the death of J Jayalalithaa. Vishal plans to move court against the election commission's decision but hasn't given up hope that justice will prevail.
Vishal said he was consulting legal experts. He said the rejection of his nomination was pre-planned and the two proposers (Sumathi and Deepan) were threatened. He said the laws of Election Commission were common to everyone in the country. A total of 145 persons had filed their nomination papers, of that 72 nominations have been accepted and 73 rejected.
Mr. Vishal arrived at the office of Returning Officer Velusamy barely a couple of hours before the deadline for the withdrawal of nominations ended on Thursday afternoon and pleaded for a review. E Madhusudanan from AIADMK, N Marudu Ganesh from DMK and AIADMK rebel leader TTV Dhinakaran among others are contesting the by-poll, which will be held on December 21.
- AlphaZero AI Beats Champion Chess Program after Teaching Itself in Four Hours
- Bullish Chart Formation for Pfizer Inc. (PFE) After Forming Double Top Pattern
- Pakistan announces match schedule for PSL 2018
- Ethics Committee investigating sexual assault allegations against Rep. Farenthold
- China, Russia Stage Drills to Counter S.Korea-US Exercise
- Westbrook, Thunder roll into Mexico meeting with Nets
- Osi Systems, Inc. - OSIS - Stock Price Today
- Penn Political Expert Reacts To US Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israeli Capital
- Notre Dame to play Syracuse at Yankee Stadium in 2018
- Zidane lines up Hazard deal as contract talks stall