Just over a year ago, we launched games on Messenger and introduced the Instant Games platform to developers, enabling them to build customized gaming experiences for both Messenger and News Feed. Facebook initially had 20 games and now has over 70. Beginning today, however, users will be able to livestream their gaming sessions, Venturebeat reports. To start recording, you press the "Start Live Video" button.
It also serves as Facebook's newest attempt to return to dominance in social gaming. Today, the company is announcing a couple of notable new features for this gaming platform, including support for live streaming via Facebook Live and video chatting with fellow gamers. Their faces will appear in the right hand corner of the screen.
Launching globally in early 2018 is none other than Angry Birds, a new game built for Messenger that will feature classic gameplay with an exciting new way to challenge friends. A new version of the physics game with unique features and modes created specifically for the chat app will launch in early 2018, followed by a few more titles like arcade-style adventure Sonic Jump by SEGA.
Video chats are a great way for people to connect, discuss and share moments with each other when text just isn't enough. These broadcasts will be archived as videos on your page or profile.
Another new feature coming to Messenger will be live-streaming of games. However, in Facebook's case, the addition is more casual - it's more about sharing with friends, not monetizing a community through subscriptions, game sales, or custom chat icons, as you'd find on Twitch or YouTube, for example.
"We're so glad that people are embracing the wonderful experiences game developers are building for Instant Games", Facebook said in its announcement.
Additionally, Facebook said its planning to roll out a test soon to allow users to play games while video chatting with someone else.
- Trending Stocks Alert: NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA), Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (FOXA)
- Name of new Polish prime minister to be disclosed today: senior MP
- Holiday decorating safety tips that save lives
- Watch the Game Awards Right Here
- Israeli Army Strikes Several Border Areas In Gaza
- Lindsay Lohan: 'Dubai is a calmer home for me'
- Most Active Volume Stock: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- First Solar (FSLR) Upgraded at Vetr
- Mumbai Crime: Woman found dead at Juhu beach
- Botty Investors Trimmed Thermo Fisher Scntfc (TMO) Holding; Primerica Has 1.1 Sentiment