The Ethics Committee also disclosed a probe into Arizona GOP Rep. Trent Franks, who abruptly said Thursday that he was quitting next month after revealing that he discussed surrogacy with two female staffers.
As allegations of sexual assault fly around Capitol Hill, Rep. Mia Love continues her push to change congressional sexual misconduct settlements in Congress and rid her workplace of inappropriate behavior.
The committee will investigate whether Farenthold sexually harassed a former member of his staff. But while we're glad to see he's paying the money back, we note his record in this affair is deeply troubling.
"In addition, both Representative Farenthold and the Complainant have publicly expressed an interest in increased transparency in this matter", read a statement.
Greene's case was settled and the lawsuit dropped, Politico reported.
Farenthold had denied the allegations, maintaining in the court proceeding that Greene was sacked for poor performance, according to reports. However, it noted that "establishing an investigative subcommittee does not itself indicate that any violation has occurred". But Brooks, the committee's chairwoman, and ranking Democrat Deutch said more information is needed.
"Once all the facts are released, I'm confident this matter will once and for all be settled and resolved", Farenthold said. "I'm also pleased the Committee on Ethics recognizes, as per their statement, that I have cooperated fully with the committee's investigation and has acknowledged a decision has been delayed because of difficulty obtaining live testimony from other witnesses".
The Committee announced the formation of an investigative subcommittee following an Office of Congressional Ethics review into the matter, which began in September 2015.
Peace said she brought her complaints to Farenthold and his top aides, but it is unclear whether congressional officials took any formal action.
- Ciena (CIEN) Releases Quarterly Earnings Results, Misses Estimates By $0.04 EPS
- 'Zombiefied' Angelina Jolie lookalike reveals she's a total fraud
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Credit Suisse Group
- Most Active Stock: Bank of America Corporation (BAC)
- Amundi Pioneer Asset Management Inc. Cuts Holdings in Zoetis Inc. (ZTS)
- Bayonetta 3 revealed exclusively for Nintendo Switch
- Grassley Probing FBI 'Political Bias' In Flynn Investigation
- Notre Dame to play Syracuse at Yankee Stadium in 2018
- Sensex falls over 205 points on RBI hawkish stance
- Senior Palestinian Official: Vice President Pence Not Welcome In Palestine