The kidnappers of Damishi Sango, chairman of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in Plateau state, have demanded a ransom of N100 million for his release.
The incident was said to have occurred while they were in transit from Jos to Abuja in preparations for the party's national convention scheduled for Saturday, December 9.
Former state organizing secretary, Mr. Mike Dachom, who confirmed the kidnapping said he has also heard about their abduction. But at about 6p.m., when someone called one of the persons Sango travelled with, a policeman picked the call and told him (caller) that they found the phone in a vehicle abandoned on the road.
He said, "The kidnappers have contacted the family of Damishi Sango and are demanding for N100 million".
Sango was abducted alongside a one-time factional state Chairman of the PDP in Pateau State, Emmanuel Mangni. The family have spoken with Sango and he assured them that he was safe. When they discovered that he was a party Chairman, they made such a demand, thinking there is money. "I'm on my way to Abuja".
"On reaching the vehicle, they found a telephone belonging to his son in the auto".
He said that the Plateau Police Command had reached out to the Kaduna Command on the matter. We want to know if they (abductees) are alive and in good condition.
His Kaduna State counterpart, ASP Mukhtar Aliyu, confirmed the kidnap took place along Kagarko-Jere Road in Kaduna State, stating that he received a distress call at about 7p.m. on Wednesday. "The man has been kidnapped and efforts are on to secure his freedom", he said.
- Which insiders are buying SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS)?
- Pakistan announces match schedule for PSL 2018
- Justice Ademola's voluntary retirement dashes hope of Boko Haram suspects
- Light snow, rain chances continue overnight
- Washington Prime Group Inc. (WPG)- Active Worth Watching Stock: Cott Corporation (COT)
- Anushka - Kohli families spotted at Mumbai airport
- Oscar victor Geoffrey Rush is suing The Daily Telegraph for defamation
- Man United to Give Mourinho Budget of €90M for January Transfer Window
- WINTON GROUP Ltd Boosts Holdings in Harley-Davidson, Inc. (HOG)
- Will 'Thor: Ragnarok' Director Taika Waititi Direct the Next 'Star Wars' Movie?