After that play, Ingram was able to to make his 2nd 3-point shot courtesy of the 8 assists of Lonzo Ball.
As Embiid raced out from the paint to close out on him, Ball drove the baseline, drawing attention from all five Sixers ... including Robert Covington, who had been guarding Ingram. It was the first game-winning three-pointer by the Lakers since former Lakers guard D'Angelo Russell's made three against the Timberwolves in April. With about a second remaining in the game, Ingram released a flawless arching three-pointer that swished through the net for the go-ahead basket with 0.8 seconds left in the game.
What a game. The Philadelphia 76ers and the Los Angeles Lakers showed National Basketball Association fans why they have two of the best young cores in the league with their performance on Thursday night.
His son was also greeted with boos on a highly productive night. Booed in the first half nearly every time he touched the ball, Ball flirted with his third career triple-double.
The Sixers gave the Lakers a fight during the fourth quarter and eventually tying the game, 104-104.
"I know I had a chance to", he said, "but I never really thought about it". He finished with 21 points, seven rebounds and six assists including the game-winner.
Simmons' 12 points, 15 assists and 13 rebounds should not be overlooked and would have been the leading story if the Sixers had pulled off the comeback, but the Lakers deresved this victory. Both Ingram and Ball are 20 years old, and Thursday night felt like a signature win for a Lakers' team hoping for Ball and Ingram to lead the team for the foreseeable future.
Their lead expanded to as many as 16 points in the third quarter, but the Sixers answered.
After Lakers big man Julius Randle managed to get a stop in the post on Sixers behemoth Joel Embiid, Ball rebounded the miss and sent the Lakers off on the break with just over 10 seconds left and the score tied at 104.
But the Lakers never fell behind, hanging on to break a losing streak and quiet their, and the Ball family's, dissenters.
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will leave Early Access Dec. 20
- US Gun Sales Rose After Sandy Hook Massacre
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Price Target Raised to $32.00 at Barclays
- Fergie Opens Up About Her Horrific Crystal Meth Addiction
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Credit Suisse Group
- House Votes To Dodge Gov't Shutdown
- Bayonetta 3 revealed exclusively for Nintendo Switch
- YouTube likely leading Google's merged music streaming service, 2018 launch planned
- Fortnite Battle Royale's new gametype is an ambitious 50v50 mode
- Link can ride a motorcycle in Breath of the Wild's new DLC