Once the rain ends Friday afternoon we will begin to dry out and the coldest air will slide over the region. Most communities are in the mid 40s.
A few areas in this general strip may squeeze out one inch of total snow accumulation, but most other accumulations will likely be less than one inch.
There is a slim chance part of Southeast Louisiana could see some snow flurries.
PLACEMENT: The Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for areas south of a line from Cedar Bluff to Oneonta to Tuscaloosa to Livingston, and north of a line from Jackson to Selma to Prattville to Dadeville and on to Lafayette. Temperatures will warm up to the lower 60s in the afternoon.
However, the majority of the region will see a cold rain.
Winter weather advisories and winter storm warnings have been issued for many parts of south and central MS through Friday afternoon.
Snow accumulation will be very minor and only on grassy and elevated surfaces northwest of the Triangle.
Sunday morning is some of the chilliest temperatures we've seen this season.
As a general rule, snow is a rarity in Beaufort County, happening "maybe once a year" according to Lamb.
Winter certainly reared its head in Beaufort County Thursday morning, with temperatures in the 40s and a steady rain punctuating the cold, begging the question, could we soon see snow in the area?
Nussbaum forecasts more of the same tomorrow. We will have some light freezes on the Northshore with lows in the lower 30s, and we will have some frost on the Southshore with lows in the upper 30s. Overnight lows in the lower 40s.
REMEMBER: With nearly every winter weather event in Alabama, there is a surprise or two. Of course a lot to watch between now and then, and things can and will change, so be sure to stay up with current updates, especially if you are in Central Alabama.
- 2 killed, 2 injured in knife attack in Tokyo
- Oscar victor Geoffrey Rush is suing The Daily Telegraph for defamation
- Here's What Gowdy Plans to Ask FBI Director Wray at Today's Hearing
- AoL responsible for damaging Yamuna floodplains: NGT
- Dignity Health announces merger with Colorado-based Catholic Health Initiatives
- Bullish Chart Formation for Pfizer Inc. (PFE) After Forming Double Top Pattern
- Osi Systems, Inc. - OSIS - Stock Price Today
- Sessions Rebukes DOJ Interns' Anti-Police, Pro-Pot Questions
- Amundi Pioneer Asset Management Inc. Cuts Holdings in Zoetis Inc. (ZTS)
- Ciena (CIEN) Releases Quarterly Earnings Results, Misses Estimates By $0.04 EPS