Wenger ruled Lacazette out of Arsenal's meeting with United last weekend due to a groin injury, only for the French striker to play 90 minutes and score his side's goal.
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has praised his side for their determination to fight back from a goal down to defeat CSKA Moscow 2-1 on Tuesday and seal top spot in Group A of the UEFA Champions League.
The move to their new Wanda Metropolitano stadium was created to herald a fresh period of success for Atletico Madrid, but Diego Simeone's side's streak of four straight runs to at least the Champions League last eight was abruptly ended.
Chelsea 's 1-1 home draw with Atletico Madrid proved costly as Roma took advantage to top Group C.
Group leaders Barcelona will qualify as group winners, leaving Juventus and Sporting Lisbon with all to play for.
Having missed a string of good chances in the opening period, United fell behind to a freakish Vitinho goal, heavily deflected off Alan Dzagoev, on the stroke of halftime before Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford struck within a minute to turn the match on its head.
"It will be interesting to see if they will be like that against Manchester City because Manchester City could pierce them open, should they come out the back". In a creative sense, Juan Mata and Henrikh Mkhitaryan drift in from wide or play centrally, while Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial do something similar in a more direct way.
The Swiss outfit got off to the ideal start when Mohamed Elyounoussi headed them into a fifth-minute lead from Michael Lang's cross. CSKA was left with the Europa League, and Benfica completed a poor campaign without a single point.
"And he's going to get more because the performance was really positive". If Roma fail to win, Atletico could snatch second with victory rather than qualifying for the Europa League.
Minutes after Blues old boy Filipe Luis had rattled a post, Saul Niguez gave the visitors a 56th-minute lead, and although the home side were level with 15 minutes remaining courtesy of Stefan Savic's own goal, they could not find a victor.
Last season's runners-up Juve brushed aside Olympiakos 2-0 in Greece to go through, and Napoli will try to overhaul Shakhtar Donetsk and make it three out of three for Italy on Wednesday.
- Heyman | Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins
- Saudi Arabia: Trump Jerusalem move marks 'drastic regression' of peace efforts
- House Conservatives almost derail tax bill in procedural vote
- Citigroup Upgrades BHP Billiton (BLT) to "Buy"
- Trump hopes to avoid government shutdown in meeting with lawmakers: White House
- The Crimson Tide Is In the Playoffs
- Vera Bradley (VRA) Issues Earnings Results
- Botty Investors Trimmed Thermo Fisher Scntfc (TMO) Holding; Primerica Has 1.1 Sentiment
- Most Active Volume Stock: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- Is Bill Barrett (NYSE:BBG) In Trouble? Imperial Capital Issues Downgrade