The schedule of the third edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) was announced on Thursday with a year ago winners Peshawar Zalmi pitted against new entrants Multan Sultans in the opening match on February 22.
The marquee clash of the tournament, Karachi Kings versus Lahore Qalandars, is set to take place on February 26 and March 11; both times in Dubai.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Wednesday denied allegations of malpractice and bias levelled by suspended Test batsman Sharjeel Khan. The opening match would be between the new participants Multan Sultans and the defending champions Peshawar Zalmi.
The sources further said that teams will play twice against each other before the top four teams qualify for the play-off stage.
The announcement by the PCB entailed that league stage matches will be distributed between stadiums in Dubai and Sharjah. As per the statement release of PCB, fans would find the opportunity of seeing their favorite players in a total of thirty-four matches, played across four different venues.
Two semi-finals will be played in the Gaddafi Stadium before the two finalists leave for Karachi where the final match will be played on March 25.
PCB Chairman, Najam Sethi expressed hope towards massive crown turnout for the star-studded tournament. No PSL game would be played in Abu Dhabi.
- Bitcoin Surpasses $14000 Mark on Thursday, as S. Korea Rally Continues
- Zidane lines up Hazard deal as contract talks stall
- Ciena (CIEN) Releases Quarterly Earnings Results, Misses Estimates By $0.04 EPS
- Death toll in Thatta boat accident mounts to 17
- Oscar victor Geoffrey Rush is suing The Daily Telegraph for defamation
- Campo Santo's next game is In the Valley of the Gods
- Dignity Health announces merger with Colorado-based Catholic Health Initiatives
- Sensex falls over 205 points on RBI hawkish stance
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) PT Raised to $111.00
- Notre Dame to play Syracuse at Yankee Stadium in 2018