The schedule of the third edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) was announced on Thursday with a year ago winners Peshawar Zalmi pitted against new entrants Multan Sultans in the opening match on February 22.
The marquee clash of the tournament, Karachi Kings versus Lahore Qalandars, is set to take place on February 26 and March 11; both times in Dubai.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Wednesday denied allegations of malpractice and bias levelled by suspended Test batsman Sharjeel Khan. The opening match would be between the new participants Multan Sultans and the defending champions Peshawar Zalmi.
The sources further said that teams will play twice against each other before the top four teams qualify for the play-off stage.
The announcement by the PCB entailed that league stage matches will be distributed between stadiums in Dubai and Sharjah. As per the statement release of PCB, fans would find the opportunity of seeing their favorite players in a total of thirty-four matches, played across four different venues.
Two semi-finals will be played in the Gaddafi Stadium before the two finalists leave for Karachi where the final match will be played on March 25.
PCB Chairman, Najam Sethi expressed hope towards massive crown turnout for the star-studded tournament. No PSL game would be played in Abu Dhabi.
- Fergie Opens Up About Her Horrific Crystal Meth Addiction
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) PT Raised to $111.00
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will leave Early Access Dec. 20
- Bullish Chart Formation for Pfizer Inc. (PFE) After Forming Double Top Pattern
- Cooking Neapolitan pizza made to the UNESCO world heritage list
- Amundi Pioneer Asset Management Inc. Cuts Holdings in Zoetis Inc. (ZTS)
- Penn Political Expert Reacts To US Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israeli Capital
- 'Zombiefied' Angelina Jolie lookalike reveals she's a total fraud
- Sessions Rebukes DOJ Interns' Anti-Police, Pro-Pot Questions
- SoulCalibur VI will release for PC in 2018