This is the first time the new map was seen in action, and it's a huge moment for the millions playing the game. Thankfully, the game's development team over at PUBG Corporation have acknowledged the need for variety and today's Game Awards event was the ideal time to display what new map Miramar has to offer.
On a final note in the trailer, PUBG Corps confirmed that the 1.0 release "official" release for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on PC is locked in for December 20th, 2017, which will bring an end to the game's Early Access period.
In the video for the desert map, you can see new techniques like the vaulting and climbing mechanic being put to use, as well as new weapons and vehicles.
All new gameplay was shown live on air and it was revealed that the map will be available TONIGHT on test servers. The abandoned factory town of Chumacera looks to be an interesting location to visit, and the oceanside Valle del Mar (Valley of the Sea) will play an important role, connecting a prison island to the map's mainland. It will also reach the Xbox Game Preview version in early 2018, while the game will debut on Xbox One on December 12.
With a December 20 release date, it will certainly complicate Game of the Year discussions if it has a smooth launch.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Credit Suisse Group
- Bayonetta 3 revealed exclusively for Nintendo Switch
- YouTube likely leading Google's merged music streaming service, 2018 launch planned
- Most Active Stock: Bank of America Corporation (BAC)
- Philippe Coutinho finally answers questions over his future at Liverpool
- NHL Agrees to Consider Seattle Expansion Proposal
- Can Sage Therapeutics, Inc. (SAGE)'s Tomorrow Be Different? The Stock Increases Again
- Fortnite Battle Royale's new gametype is an ambitious 50v50 mode
- House Votes To Dodge Gov't Shutdown
- King Salman warns against embassy move to Jerusalem