Bandai Namco has announced the next mainline entry for Soul Calibur today at The Game Awards.
While there isn't much information available at the moment, Soulcalibur VI looks to be powered by the Unreal Engine 4. The game will be coming to the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Since Soulcalibur 5, Bandai Namco re-released an HD version of Soulcalibur 2 and released Soulcalibur: Lost Swords, a free-to-play version of the game based on Soulcalibur 5. For now, check out the reveal trailer below.
In the announcement trailer we see Sophitia fighting someone who resembles a younger Mitsurugi. The gameplay trailer showed off both characters using weapons that had different coloured lighting. The long-stagnant Soul Calibur franchise is receiving a new release, Soul Calibur VI.
Soulcalibur 6 is finally happening. Not that we're complaining.
Video game stories from other sites on the web.
- NHL Agrees to Consider Seattle Expansion Proposal
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will leave Early Access Dec. 20
- Academy Mortgage Named a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor
- US Gun Sales Rose After Sandy Hook Massacre
- Sensex falls over 205 points on RBI hawkish stance
- YouTube likely leading Google's merged music streaming service, 2018 launch planned
- Uber loses licence to operate in Sheffield
- AlphaZero AI Beats Champion Chess Program after Teaching Itself in Four Hours
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ), Dell Technologies Inc. (DVMT)
- Convention: Elect vibrant, young leaders - PDP South Africa