Bandai Namco has announced the next mainline entry for Soul Calibur today at The Game Awards.
While there isn't much information available at the moment, Soulcalibur VI looks to be powered by the Unreal Engine 4. The game will be coming to the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Since Soulcalibur 5, Bandai Namco re-released an HD version of Soulcalibur 2 and released Soulcalibur: Lost Swords, a free-to-play version of the game based on Soulcalibur 5. For now, check out the reveal trailer below.
In the announcement trailer we see Sophitia fighting someone who resembles a younger Mitsurugi. The gameplay trailer showed off both characters using weapons that had different coloured lighting. The long-stagnant Soul Calibur franchise is receiving a new release, Soul Calibur VI.
Soulcalibur 6 is finally happening. Not that we're complaining.
Video game stories from other sites on the web.
- AlphaZero AI Beats Champion Chess Program after Teaching Itself in Four Hours
- Link can ride a motorcycle in Breath of the Wild's new DLC
- Frecklington stumps for LNP leadership
- THQ Nordic's Fade to Silence Trailer Debuts, Early Access Starts Next Week
- Campo Santo's next game is In the Valley of the Gods
- LaVar Ball Gives Joel Embiid Advice Following 76ers Loss to Lakers
- Grassley Probing FBI 'Political Bias' In Flynn Investigation
- US Gun Sales Rose After Sandy Hook Massacre
- Convention: Elect vibrant, young leaders - PDP South Africa
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) PT Raised to $111.00