The UP Sunni Wakf Board was quicker to dissociate itself from not just Sibal, but also Mehboob. The stakeholders in the case had moved the top court after the Allahabad High Court directed the Sunni Waqf Board, the Nirmohi Akhara and the Lord Ram Lalla to settle for a three-way division of the disputed site.
Congress leader Anand Sharma said his party was not a litigant in the dispute, and would accept whatever decision the Supreme Court made.
"In the Supreme Court, Congress MP Kapil Sibal was arguing (which is his right) for the Babri Masjid".
"Now that Sunni Waqf Board has said that they don't agree with what Kapil Sibal said in court, it is certain that Sibal spoke in his capacity as a Congress leader, with the blessings of their high command".
Why does he have to link Ram Mandir with elections? He, however, later clarified that he did not represent the board in the apex court.
Campaigning for Gujarat Assembly election, PM Modi too launched an offensive. Are these thoughts of delaying the hearing for elections that of the Waqf Board? "You want to keep the issue unresolved for political gain and losses in the elections?"
Kapil Sibal's party too distanced itself from his plea.
However, the Supreme Court bench, headed by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra and Justices Ashok Bhushan and S Abdul Nazeer adjourned the hearing in the Ayodhya case for February 8, 2018. "The prime minister should decide if he is giving any direction to the Supreme Court?"
Zafaryab Jilani, convenor of the Babri Masjid Action Committee (BMAC) which has been fighting the Ayodhya dispute case on behalf of the Muslims, on Wednesday showed solidarity with senior lawyer Kapil Sibal, in the wake of his asking for a July, 2019 date for the next hearing of the long-standing matter.
The Supreme Court's Record of Proceedings is as confusing as the claims of the parties engaged in the controversy.
"Yesterday, Sibal advocated the cause of the Muslim community". "We want a solution to the issue (case) at the earliest", he added. Are these thoughts of delaying the hearing for elections that of the Waqf Board?
- Indonesia Condemns US' Recognition of Jerusalem as Capital of Israel
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Research Coverage Started at Moffett Nathanson
- Kidnappers Abduct Plateau PDP Chairman And His Son
- Washington Prime Group Inc. (WPG)- Active Worth Watching Stock: Cott Corporation (COT)
- British PM in Brussels amid possible Brexit breakthrough
- Ameriprise Financial Inc. Sells 380116 Shares of Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ:WDC)
- Bb&T Securities LLC Lifted Lowes Cos INC (LOW) Position by $3.94 Million
- Osi Systems, Inc. - OSIS - Stock Price Today
- Pakistan announces match schedule for PSL 2018
- WINTON GROUP Ltd Boosts Holdings in Harley-Davidson, Inc. (HOG)