Fade to Silence comes to Steam Early Access next week.
Fade to Silence, a brand new survival-action adventure, has been announced by THQ Nordic at the Game Awards. "In that role you explore a post-apocalyptic, frozen wasteland to gather the resources necessary to establish a refuge for survival", the description reads.
The Early Access release will introduce players to the game's more basic concepts, including collecting materials, upgrading equipment, building your camp, and defeating horrific supernatural creatures.
It's an interesting pitch - a survival game where you play as a defined character (he's named Ash) with a storyline in a semi-fantasy winter world (you fight eldtritch monsters while riding a sled) which will evolve over time as new story missions are added.
THQ Nordic says Fade to Silence will be a "complex, character-driven, group survival experience". Fade to Silence promises dynamic, accumulating snow, real-time snow trails, and completely immersive weather effects.
Players will be able to recruit NPC's to help them during long expeditions for resources, all the while paying attention to the environment to make sure they don't get caught in a blizzard and freeze to death. The Early Access period kicks off on December 14, with a final launch planned for August 2018.
Check out some screenshots of Fade to Silence in the gallery below.
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Price Target Raised to $32.00 at Barclays
- PNC Financial Services Group (NYSE:PNC) Given Media Sentiment Score of 0.42
- Incyte Corporation (INCY) Director Sells 28507 Shares of Stock
- Bryan Singer reportedly sued for allegedly raping 17-year-old
- Saudi Arabia: Trump Jerusalem move marks 'drastic regression' of peace efforts
- First Solar (FSLR) Upgraded at Vetr
- Philippe Coutinho finally answers questions over his future at Liverpool
- UFC champ Georges St-Pierre vacates middleweight title, Whittaker-Rockhold set
- Morocco: Dubai International Film Festival Opens With Morocco's Participation
- Most Active Volume Stock: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)