Somehow, the Nets shook off the tremors with a great fourth-quarter performance on their way to a 100-95 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday night at Arena Ciudad de México.
That could be considered an understatement the way the Thunder has bounced between cohesive and clunky on offense through 23 games. Westbrook finished with 30 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds in a 124-105 home win November 18, 2016, and 25 points 19 assists and 12 boards in a 122-104 victory at Brooklyn on March 14.
Caris LeVert led Brooklyn with 21 points off the bench.
Over 37.1 minutes, George has averaged 20.7 points, 5.8 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.5 steals a game. The reports timing should maximize attention, with the Nets in town for two "home" games this week, and it's the latest step in the NBA's push to expand the game globally.
That's when the Nets unleashed a barrage of three-pointers, with Crabbe, Hollis-Jefferson and Spencer Dinwiddie hitting in succession for a 93-85 lead.
News of the Okafor trade broke in the middle of the afternoon.
"I'd love to be home, but the opportunity to go to another country and for our guys to get that experience outweighs the two games at home", said Nets coach Kenny Atkinson, whose worldwide experience consists of playing in Italy, France, Germany, Spain and the Netherlands.
Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said he and general manager Sean Marks "had a long discussion with [Booker]. We could've been down drastically more".
George was seen with his right calf wrapped in ice following Tuesday's game and has since been diagnosed with a right calf contusion.
However, this clearly points to the NBA's growing interest in expansion. He scored 11 points in the quarter. Shot 60 percent in the third quarter.
Greg Logan has worked for Newsday since 1982 covering a wide array of sports and events, now including the Brooklyn Nets beat.
- Can Sage Therapeutics, Inc. (SAGE)'s Tomorrow Be Different? The Stock Increases Again
- Fergie Opens Up About Her Horrific Crystal Meth Addiction
- Dignity Health announces merger with Colorado-based Catholic Health Initiatives
- LaVar Ball Gives Joel Embiid Advice Following 76ers Loss to Lakers
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ), Dell Technologies Inc. (DVMT)
- SoulCalibur VI will release for PC in 2018
- Will 'Thor: Ragnarok' Director Taika Waititi Direct the Next 'Star Wars' Movie?
- What Can We Expect After Regal Entertainment (NYSE:RGC)'s Downgrade By Macquarie?
- Derrick Rose apologises to Cavs teammates for two-week exile
- Bitcoin Surpasses $14000 Mark on Thursday, as S. Korea Rally Continues