That said, it would be really, really, really cool if Kathleen Kennedy would start considering female filmmakers to helm one of the many future Star Wars movies in the works. The film was termed as exciting, hilarious, adventurous and action-packed film by reviewers. There are many talented female directors out there who would probably leap at the chance to direct a film in this franchise. I think he has exactly the right sensibility.
Waititi has expressed scepticism about directing a Star Wars movie in the past.
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy was very complimentary of Waititi in a recent Star Wars: The Last Jedi press junket in New Zealand, opening the door for Waititi into thefranchise. "Very exciting to see him step into the Marvel universe and do such an awesome job with Thor".
Kennedy seems pretty keen on having Waititi on board, because the Lucasfilm bigwig then encouraged the publication to "let him know" about the informal job offer. Further, when she was asked if it was a genuine job offer, she laughed and said "yes" quite seriously.
Waititi has already addressed the idea of his joining the Star Wars universe. "There's not much room for someone like me".
Make a list of the five hottest directors in Hollywood right now, and Taika Waititi would nearly certainly be on it. Thor: Ragnarok, his first major blockbuster, was a massive hit at the box office, and he was praised for revitalizing the Thor franchise with a bright, cosmic action-comedy.
Episode IX director Colin Trevorrow was recently replaced by JJ Abrams, while The Lego Movie's Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were fired from their Han Solo movie. Meanwhile at Marvel, the latest director to venture into the Marvel Cinematic Universe was Taika Waititi.
Waititi's distinct creative vision seemed to flow so well with Marvel and because of it, some have questioned whether or not he should make the jump from the Marvel cosmos to the Star Wars galaxy. Tell us in the comment box below.
- Academy Mortgage Named a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor
- Frecklington stumps for LNP leadership
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ), Dell Technologies Inc. (DVMT)
- Senior Palestinian Official: Vice President Pence Not Welcome In Palestine
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) PT Raised to $111.00
- Most Active Stock: Bank of America Corporation (BAC)
- Fortnite Battle Royale's new gametype is an ambitious 50v50 mode
- Ryanair threatens to cut pilots pay if they vote for industrial action
- Death Stranding Still Teases Surrealism In New Trailer
- Ciena (CIEN) Releases Quarterly Earnings Results, Misses Estimates By $0.04 EPS