One of the contestants for the position of the national chairmanship of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Raymond Dokpesi, has congratulated the victor of the election.
Secondus, in the early hours of Sunday, was declared the new chairman with an overwhelming defeat of Prof.
Secondus also praised Adeniran and Dokpesi who contested against him for the national chairmanship seat, describing them as eminently qualified to lead the party for the role and thanking them for a "worthy contest".
Dokpesi told newsmen that the process of voting had been rigged, following the distribution of a unity list containing names of candidates believed to have won elections into various national leadership positions in the party.
Secondus got 2, 000 votes to beat a former Minister of Education, Prof.
However, before the announcement of the result, both Adeniran and Dokpesi had rejected the outcome.
The candidates that withdrew were Chief Bode George, former Deputy National Chairman; Gbenga Daniel, Rasheed Ladoja, erstwhile Governors of Ogun and Oyo States, respectively, and Jimi Agbaje, PDP governorship candidate in Lagos State in 2015 elections. Taoheed Adedoja who did not score any vote.
Dr. Raymond Dokpesi came third with 66 votes followed by Prof.
Also, Senator Gamawa Babawo Garba has been announced as the victor for Deputy National Chairman (North ) with 1316 votes to beat six other contenders. The document had Uche Secondus penciled as national chairman.
He also commended all the candidates and delegates who participated in elections and party leaders and members for cooperation that ensured the success of the convention.
The two separately declared their rejection on the basis of the circulation of a Unity List among the delegates.
But the victory of Secondus has been trailed by protests and allegations of fraud.
- Analysts Anticipate Highwoods Properties, Inc
- Autodesk (ADSK) Getting Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Analysis Shows
- CRPF security personnal kills 4 jawans at Chhattisgarh camp, injures another
- Discovered the oldest supermassive black hole
- Three things learned about Newcastle v Leicester: Fans' favourite under threat
- Protest near US Embassy in Beirut sparks clashes
- Graphic weather satellite image suggests Storm Caroline set to pound Ireland today
- Brush fire near Murrieta burns 220 acres, forces evacuations
- Quantbot Technologies LP Has $298000 Stake in AMC Networks Inc. (AMCX)
- Attempted arson attack on Swedish synagogue