Would you swap out your best friend for George Clooney? And apparently, he had help from 14 of his closest friends along the road to success.
Rande Gerber, Clooney's close friend and an entertainment industry businessman, revealed to MSNBC's Headliners how Clooney called him and 13 other friends, the group known as "The Boys", for a dinner in 2013 to give them the surprise.
Gerber revealed that Clooney once gave Dollars 1 million to 14 of his closest friends.
When they arrived at Clooney's Los Angeles pad, they found black designer suitcases placed at each table setting, filled with "a million dollars in $20 bills". They gave out headphones to flyers aboard a first-class trip since the Clooneys had the twins, Alexander and Ella, with them.
According to Gerber, Clooney said, "Listen, I want you guys to know how much you've meant to me and how much you mean in my life". I came to LA, I slept on your couch. He goes, 'I know we've all been through some hard times, some of you are still going through it.
With that said, he instructed everyone to open their suitcases.
Gerber, a co-owner of Clooney's Casamigos Tequila company and wealthy in his own right, tried to turn down his share of the cash.
"Every one of us, 14 of us, got a million dollars". Gerber said he gave his gift charity.
Hollywood couple Amal and George Clooney didn't want to inconvenience passengers during a recent flight.
According to The Sunday Times, the joint wealth of the Hollywood actor and his wife was worth $121 million in 2015. Everyone's going to come to my house for dinner", " said Gerber, who is married to model Cindy Crawford. "Now that's good karma right there", Gerber added.
One such package went viral five years ago, after the parents of twin boys handed out notes apologising in advance in case the babies cried and included a packet of lollies along with earplugs in a self-sealing bag.
Plenty of people probably would have settled for the Clooney-penned note alone, but that, plus the noise-canceling headphones (and two noise-free babies) definitely puts George and Amal in the running to win "Most Generous Gesture by Strangers on an Airplane, Ever".
- Tennessee mom who posted video of bullied son denies being racist
- Health warnings on cigarettes could deter young people
- Lillard leads Portland comeback past Miami, 102-95
- Calpine Corporation (NYSE:CPN) Overvalued by -4.1%
- EOD Risers: Procter & Gamble Co, The Coca-Cola Co, United Technologies Corporation
- Charlotte 49ers fire head coach Mark Price
- Southampton 1-4 Leicester City: Three key players
- Which Way Are Insiders Leaning With Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (NYSE:SWK)?
- Time Warner INC (TWX) Shareholder Jet Capital Investors LP Has Lifted Stake
- After tunnel skirmish, United and City managers on defensive