The Golden Retriever was the most searched dog breed in the United States, followed by the Poodle and the Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
Here's what South Africans Googled the most throughout this year in different categories.
Last year's most searched terms included Prince, Powerball and Hillary Clinton, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
It also takes two spots in the "How to...?" section.
Globally, the top search was for Hurricane Irma. Top global searches includes a natural disaster, the latest phones, celebrities, TV shows, and more. This year the company based the lists on search terms that had a high spike in traffic in 2017, compared with those in 2016.
More endearing, however, is the fact that people conducted a lot of searches on how to help in various situations. Hurricane Irma leads this list but, among other top searches, there was North Korea or the Las Vegas shooting.
This year, people searching on google.com wanted to know "how", so the number of questions and types of questions rose to an astounding rate.
Humanity shone through as people asked "how do I help?"
Google is now a part of our lives we can't really live without.
In music, the most-searched song was Despacito, the hit track by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber.
- United Kingdom interest rates kept on hold at 0.5%
- Morgan Spurlock's Sexual Harassment Admission & What It Means
- Japan pledges $2.9 billion to support countries pursuing universal health coverage
- Florida QB parts ways with Vols
- Migrants: Hungary praises Tusk on mandatory quotas
- Northern Ireland's housing market has 'momentum' heading into 2018
- Claire Foy thrilled at Golden Globes nod
- Cinemas to open in Saudi Arabia for first time in 35 years
- Saudi Arabia to Permit Movie Theaters After 35-Year Ban
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for Wednesday