The Golden Retriever was the most searched dog breed in the United States, followed by the Poodle and the Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
Here's what South Africans Googled the most throughout this year in different categories.
Last year's most searched terms included Prince, Powerball and Hillary Clinton, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
It also takes two spots in the "How to...?" section.
Globally, the top search was for Hurricane Irma. Top global searches includes a natural disaster, the latest phones, celebrities, TV shows, and more. This year the company based the lists on search terms that had a high spike in traffic in 2017, compared with those in 2016.
More endearing, however, is the fact that people conducted a lot of searches on how to help in various situations. Hurricane Irma leads this list but, among other top searches, there was North Korea or the Las Vegas shooting.
This year, people searching on google.com wanted to know "how", so the number of questions and types of questions rose to an astounding rate.
Humanity shone through as people asked "how do I help?"
Google is now a part of our lives we can't really live without.
In music, the most-searched song was Despacito, the hit track by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber.
- Deadline to Link Aadhaar to Bank Accounts Extended to March 31
- Stock Overview: Technical Check on Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corp (MNR)
- Aurier gets first Tottenham goal in 2-0 defeat of Brighton
- Omarosa to leave White House
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson To Get Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Donnarumma told to 'go away' by Milan fans after new contract dispute
- United Kingdom interest rates kept on hold at 0.5%
- Soyuz MS-05 with crew undocks space station, heads for Earth
- Fairfield Bush & Company Trimmed Stake in Ibm Corp (IBM) by $9.06 Million
- Northern Ireland's housing market has 'momentum' heading into 2018