The voter turnout in the first phase, held on 9 December, stood at 66.75 per cent. The soon-to-be Congress president was referring to Modi's shock allegations against Congress leaders, including former PM Singh, that they are colluding with Pakistan to ensure the BJP's defeat in the Gujarat Assembly polls.
"Such display falls within the definition of "election matter" under Section 126 (3) of Representation of the People Act, 1951 and display of such election matter within 48 hours ending with hour fixed for conclusion of poll in the poll-going areas, amounts to violation of Section 126 (1)(b) of Representation of the People Act, 1951", it said.
The BJP has fielded 93 candidates for this phase, while Congress has fielded only 91.
The BJP responded by getting a seaplane to take off from the Sabarmati river along with Modi. At the same time, undeterred by BJP's criticism, Gandhi visited the city's Jagannath temple to offer prayers.
He further said, "It was shameful for the EC that Chief Election Commissioner, who has been a Personal Secretary (PS) to Modi, is working like one today". Considering the high stakes involved, it wasn't surprising that the election battle witnessed high-pitched campaigning from both sides.
"I've been talking about Gujarat's issues for three months".
Patel, who is not contesting the election, cast her vote at a polling booth in Ahmedabad's Ghatlodia Assembly constituency, from where she was an MLA. But whether that will translate into votes for Congress is yet to be seen.
The voting for the second and final phase of Gujarat assembly elections is underway today on 93 seats of North and Central Gujarat. "All preparations have been completed. Over 1.75 lakh personnel will be on duty", state's Chief Electoral Officer BB Swain said. OBC leader Alpesh Thakor, fighting on a Congress ticket from Radhanpur, is another prominent face.
- Mom Who Posted Video Of 'Bullied Son' Says She Isn't Racist
- Honor 7X Review | The Upgrade to Your Honor 6X
- Simon Mignolet injury not serious says Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp
- Hard Facts About NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE)
- Nigeria, Libya eye oil output increase despite OPEC decision
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger reaches historic milestone in win over Ravens
- Prominent Runners: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- 'Loveratri' | Salman Khan announces the title of brother-in-law Aayush Sharma's debut film
- Asia stocks slightly up after Fed move; dollar, U.S. yields sag
- Rodgers: Not coming back to save the team