This 26-year-old woman has just given birth to a 24-year-old baby, all thanks to science. Emma was born to Tina and Benjamin Gibson Nov. 25, weighing 6 lbs., 8 ounces and measuring 20 inches long.
The couple filled out an application with the US National Embryo Donation Centre in Knoxville, Tennessee, and were approved.
Their daughter, Emma Wren, was born on November 25 after NEDC Medical Director Dr Jeffrey Keenan performed a frozen embryo transfer (FET). This embryo and I could have been best friends", Tina Gibson now 26 said, "I just wanted a baby.
This is an interesting case because Emma was originally an embryo that was frozen and stored way back on October 14, 1992. A frozen embryo is just as good as a fresh one, and as long as an embryo survives being thawed out it's just as effective as any other. Emma and her parents are not genetically related since the embryo was conceived by a different couple and donated.
"Emma is such a sweet miracle", Benjamin said. "I think she looks pretty ideal to have been frozen all those years ago".
"If this embryo had been born when it was supposed to we could have been best friends - we could have been best friends, that's been the going joke, I mean it's just so insane", says Tina.
Many have found the Gibsons' story very inspiring, as it could signify the potential for even more people to become parents through frozen embryo technology in the future.
Another added: "So incredible!" The NEDC cites a 43 percent national average for pregnancy from donated embryos, and a 35 percent live-birth rate, based on the Centers for Disease Control. This is going to be a world record!' And I was like, 'What?
"Twenty-four hours labor but it was worth it, I'd do it again for her", Tina said.
"These 'snowbabies, ' or babies in suspended animation, can really end up being a win-win for some families who really have been struggling with infertility", Narula said.
- Akshay Kumar promotes Padman at a mall
- Snyder's-Lance (LNCE) Price Target Raised to $50.00 at SunTrust Banks
- Train in USA wreck lacked key speed-control system
- APG Asset Management NV Has $187.08 Million Holdings in ConocoPhillips (COP)
- Brighton Jones LLC Purchases New Holdings in Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ)
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL) Tights Shoes to Boost up Long-Term Obligations
- Leonardo Bonucci may leave Milan next January
- House sends sweeping GOP tax bill to Trump's desk
- Ryanair brands strike by pilots 'unjustified and unnecessary'
- Dancing On Ice contestants told NOT to have sex during Christmas