The video was shared as an Instagram story, and is no longer visible, but it has been saved and shared by others on social media.
Lewis Hamilton is in some serious hot water after posting a video in which he seems to shame a grade school-aged male family member for wearing a princess dress.
Taking to his Twitter account he said: 'Yesterday I was playing around with my nephew and realised that my words were inappropriate so I removed the post.
Lewis Hamilton has come under fire after telling his young nephew: "Boys don't wear princess dresses". "Is this what you got for Christmas?" he asks, as the boy happily nods.
The 32-year-old British race vehicle driver appears to have been celebrating Christmas with his family when he posted the video, which showed his nephew wearing a pink and purple dress and waving a toy wand.
At the end of the clip, the driver shouts, "Boys don't wear princess dresses!" The boy laughed at Hamilton's outrage. "Imma whoop your ass!"
The 32-year-old was overseas celebrating Christmas with his family when he posted the video.
The shocking clip became a trend on Twitter after people piled in with their criticism of the short video. Thinks about why it is so terrible, and considers donating to a charity which supports LGBT youth.
"Live and let live" is apparently a policy that world championship-winning Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton is not a strong advocate for.
Hamilton has not commented or addressed the controversy on social media.
- Jaime Lynn Spears (Britney's singer sister) announces she's expecting her 2nd child
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) Analysts See $0.46 EPS
- Google India To Promote Pixel 2 Flagships Through New Stores
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (FCAU) EPS Estimated At $0.66
- Snippy Overview on Stock's Performances:- Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOXA)
- Less than half of Americans support Trump's Jerusalem recognition
- EPL: Harry Kane breaks Shearer's goalscoring record, overtakes Messi
- AbbVie Inc (ABBV) Position Increased by Sageworth Trust Co
- International Business Machines Corp.'s (IBM) "Hold" Rating Reiterated at Guggenheim
- United Parcel Service Inc (NYSE:UPS) Institutional Investors Sentiment Change