McMenamin and Adrian Wojnarowski reported November 25 that Rose left the Cavs to contemplate his future in the National Basketball Association because he was "tired of being hurt, and it's taking a toll on him mentally". He said he was pain free in his left ankle, which he first sprained October 20 in the second game of the season.
He later dispelled the rumors that he was thinking about retirement while away from the team and has been back with the club for the last couple of weeks, working towards making yet another comeback.
Per ESPN's Dave McMenamin, Rose said Friday "there's a chance" he could be back in the lineup before Cleveland ends a five-game road trip against the Indiana Pacers on January 12. Rose could play when Wade needs to sit.
Vardon also reports that Isaiah Thomas, who made a return of his own earlier this week, will officially take the reigns at starting point guard on Saturday against the Orlando Magic, though he'll still be restricted in back-to-back scenarios - for now. "Some games where he doesn't feel great, but we don't really have the extra ball handler to sit him". Signed (like Wade) to a one-year deal for the veteran's minimum, Rose is averaging 14.1 points. He says he just wants to help the team any way he can. So we talked about it.
Rose, meanwhile, has played just seven games this year due to injuries.
Wade informed Lue that he's fine with the concept of being spelled by Rose.
"It's whatever they want", Rose said after the team's practice in Orlando. I just want to win. Rose is averaging almost 15 points on 47 percent shooting in almost 30 minutes a game for the Cavaliers this season, but his absence to reevaluate his career made many wonder if he might retire. "Now it's time for me to win a championship".
If Rose and Wade can stay healthy for the rest of the season, the Cavaliers will most likely boast the most high-profile second unit in National Basketball Association history heading into the playoffs.
- Season's coldest day in Delhi
- High-Ranking EU Official Begins Visit to Cuba
- Fatal hot air balloon crash over Egypt injures four Kiwis
- Credit Suisse Group Upgrades Morgan Stanley (MS) to "Buy"
- Point72 Asset Management LP Acquires Shares of 21600 Duke Energy Corp (DUK)
- Critical chip flaw affects Intel, AMD and ARM
- Copenhagen crooks snatch R14mn bottle of vodka
- The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (BK) Analysts See $0.91 EPS
- Should Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) Shares Be Watched After PiperJaffray Initiates Coverage?
- Jose Mourinho apologises to Henrikh Mkhitaryan for half-time substitution