Sources said she was suffering from Parkinson's disease.
On her official Twitter account TotkaAapaZubaida (@ZubaidaAapa), she wrote: "Ask me quick solutions to your domestic, social, political etc problems. Her funeral will be held at Sultan Masjid [in DHA area of Karachi] after Friday prayers", her brother, Anwar Maqsood, told media.
Zubaida Aapa not only taught people some great Desi recipes, but she also gave out brilliant home remedies or totkas, for which she became very famous.
Before that, Zubaida worked on ARY Digital for one and a half years, and then she did 120 programs with Sajid Hussain, 120-morning programs with Nadia, and about 450 shows with Kiran. After that there was no going back for her as she continued to appear on TV shows till before she fell ill.
Zubaida got married at the age of 21 to her first cousin, Tariq Maqsood, in 1966.The couple had a daughter Shaha Tariq and son Hussain Tariq.
Born into an educated family of Hyderabad Deccan on April 4, 1945, Zubaida Apa was the youngest of 9 siblings.
- (NYSE:TSM) Share Price
- EPS for Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL) Expected At $0.97
- (PG) Shares Declined, Holder Bahl & Gaynor INC Has Cut Stake
- 'Game of Thrones' last season set for 2019
- Going Through the Chart for The Mosaic Company (MOS)
- Investors Sell Shares of International Business Machines (IBM) on Strength (IBM)
- Cadbury's new white Easter Creme eggs comes with a cash prize
- Slender Man movie - First trailer released
- Stryker Corporation (SYK) Receives Average Recommendation of "Hold" from Analysts
- Trump 'ordered lawyer to stop Jeff Sessions leaving Russian Federation inquiry'