The Hollywood Reporter has reported producers will attempt the revive the show on another network, with Disney-backed streaming service Hulu in the running.
ABC has canceled "The Mayor," pulling the freshman comedy from its Tuesday night schedule, TheWrap has learned. The effective cancellation is somewhat surprising, in that the broadcaster ordered an additional three scripts in December.
The earnest, clever comedy was a welcome presence in ABC's comedy lineup.
The show, produced by Hamilton star Daveed Diggs, opened to a 1.2 rating in the crucial adults 18-49 demographic, but the overall live viewership has continued to slide, with its November 14 installment registering a paltry 2.45 million total viewers as it airs opposite NBC's This Is Us.
Nine episodes of The Mayor have already been aired. The cast includes Bernard David Jones, Marcel Spears, and Yvette Nicole Brown. The series has aired seven of its 13 episodes and will wrap production.
Bronson recently scored a series order at Netflix for a family comedy starring Rev. Run (of Run DMC fame) that is being produced by ABC Studios and Amblin.
ABC's biggest fall success has been the Freddie Highmore medical drama "The Good Doctor", which was handed a full-season order. ABC has two comedies that are yet to premiere; Alex Inc. and Splitting Up Together.
- Research Report for Investors: The Home Depot, Inc. (NYSE:HD)
- James Madison Prepares For National Championship Repeat
- Hot Tickers: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL), The Western Union Company (WU)
- Wal-Mart Stores (NYSE:WMT) Earns News Impact Score of 0.14
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA) Q1 Profit & Revenue Top Expectations
- Oceans suffocating as huge dead zones quadruple since 1950, scientists warn
- Immigrant Gets Time Served for Gun Charge in SF Shooting Death Case
- Slender Man movie - First trailer released
- $0.02 EPS Expected for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
- Stock's Volatility Analysis: General Motors Company (GM)