Airstrikes have continued to hit the rebel-held city of Harasta, with the United Nations warning that as many as 400,00 civilians in the area face "complete catastrophe" because aid deliveries have been blocked by the government and people needing urgent medical treatment have not been allowed outside the enclave.
Syria has been locked in a vicious civil war since early 2011, when the Assad regime cracked down on pro-democracy protests with unexpected ferocity.
More than 600 people are in need of urgent medical care, according to SAMS.
The army has been gaining ground in Idlib and the adjoining eastern Hama countryside, with scores of villages seized from rebels mainly belonging to Tahrir al Sham, a coalition of jihadist groups with mainstream Free Syrian Army (FSA) factions also engaged in the battles.
The United Nations has made repeated calls for warring parties to abide by their responsibility to protect children in line with global humanitarian and human rights law.
Russian Federation first launched bombing raids in 2015 in support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces.
The Defense Ministry on Thursday said two Russian military personnel were killed during a mortar attack on the Khmeimim Air Base in Syria's Latakia province on December 31, 2017.
"Kommersant's report on the alleged "destruction" of seven Russian military aircraft at Khmeimim Airbase is fake", the MoD said in a statement, according to RT.
Both the monitor and the Syrian Civil Defence, a group of volunteer first responders, said at least 18 people died in a double-tap air raid in the besieged town of Misraba on Wednesday night, while three others were killed in the Bett Sawa area, including women and children.
"During night time on December 31, 2017 the airfield Hemeimeem was subjected to a sudden mortar shelling of a mobile group of militants".
Russian President Vladimir Putin made a surprise visit to Syria last month where he ordered the start of a pullout of Russian troops, saying their task in the war-torn country had been largely completed.
Russian Federation first launched bombing raids in 2015 in support of Syrian President Assad's beleaguered forces.
- Deepika Padukone wants Ranveer Singh to stop doing this - Deets inside
- Michigan State vs. Rutgers - 1/10/18 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Notable Stock Analysts Ratings Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (TSM)
- Official teaser confirms HTC U11 EYEs launch on January 15; expected features
- Snow-melting rain, flooding and fog forecast for Friday
- Mifid II starts smoothly after late exemptions for futures exchanges
- Sensex off record highs, still up 76 points in late morning
- Two Former WWE Women's Champions Contacted For Women's Royal Rumble Match
- Stephen Colbert to go live again after Trump's State of the Union
- U.S. said to fatally bomb Afghan militia