Based on same VW MLB-Evo platform as the Audi Q7 and using the VW Group V8 engine in the same state of tune as another sister vehicle, the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, the Bentayga petrol V8 bridges the gap between the entry-level (£135,800) V8 diesel and the range-topping (£162,700) W12 petrol.
The petrol V8 model heralds the introduction of carbon-ceramic brakes for the first time on a Bentayga; Bentley claims that these are the most powerful ever fitted to one of its cars, and that the brake discs at the front are the largest ever fitted to a production auto at 440mm (17 inches).
The Bentayga V8 is powered by a 4.0L twin-turbocharged V8 that generates 542 horsepower and 568 lb-ft. of torque. A Bentayga Hybrid is also coming soon, though no specs for this model have been released.
Power is fed through an eight-speed automatic transmission and permanent four-wheel-drive, and the V8 petrol achieves 24.8mpg and emissions of 260g/km CO2.
Finally, for those interested in fuel economy, the V8 has a claimed combined fuel consumption of 11.4 l/100 km (24.8 mpg UK), with corresponding Carbon dioxide emissions of 260 g/km. The Bentayga V8 boasts a big fuel tank, too - a range of 464 miles is claimed.
One of the more unique features on the Bentayga V8 is the optional carbon ceramic brakes which Bentley claims are the largest front brakes ever fitted to any production vehicle. To help move all that weight around, the Bentayga V8 introduces a new 48-volt Bentley Dynamic Ride suspension. The car's suspension can also be set at different heights to suit the driver's needs.
Bentley aims to extend this reputation by offering the Bentayga in its most sporting guise to date - the Bentayga V8.
Styling additioons to the new model include a black and chrome grille and twin-quad exhaust pipes at the rear.
Bentley's standard infotainment system is also fitted, featuring an 8in touchscreen, 60-gigabyte hard drive, and for passengers in the rear there's a 10.2in Android tablet device with 4G WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. The same four, five or seven-seat layout as other models can be specified, along with a near-endless combination of trim materials and high-quality leathers.
- Mysterious 'alien megastructure' star might finally have an explanation
- Russian man rams stolen tank into shop, steals wine
- Shares Seesawing -0.99% on Volume: Itau Unibanco Banco Holding SA (ITUB)
- Microsoft shares pre-order details for the $319 Cortana thermostat
- Dancing On Ice returns to ITV with a staggering amount of viewers!
- Alliance aims to thwart nosy Wi-Fi spies with new security standards
- Theresa May's reshuffle that wasn't
- Ivanka Trump is not credible
- Tamar Braxton "not together" with estranged husband Vincent Herbert, deletes her Instagram
- Sevilla keen on loan deal for Chelsea forward Batshuayi