The number of cases in Saskatchewan is up 80 percent from past year, something Werker says should not worry people in the province.
A state of emergency has been issued in Alabama as the state health department reports significant increases in flu activity in many counties.
Suzanne Johnson, director of Athens-Limestone Hospital's emergency room, previously told The News Courier that anyone with those symptoms should see a doctor as soon as possible.
On Monday January 15, anyone showing flu symptoms, or under the age of 12 years will have visitor limitations at St. Peter's.
"If you're at high risk or have symptoms such as difficulty breathing, chest pain, dizziness, confusion, persistent vomiting, can not drink fluids, or have flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with fever or worse cough, seek emergency medical care immediately", Dr. Christ said. Babies, the elderly, pregnant women and those with chronic diseases should take special approaches to avoiding and dealing with the flu and should see their primary care provider for antiviral medication if they are ill, he said.
Nationally, the number of states reporting high flue activity increased from 21 to 26, the health department reported.
The flu virus is rapidly spreading across the country, causing more deaths and hospitalizations.
It's shaping up to be another bad flu season for Texans with dozens of deaths related to the illness already reported and at least two more months of the season to go.
A quadrivalent recombinant influenza vaccine is new for the 2017-2018 flu season.
No such shift has yet occurred in this year's flu, she said.
Flu vaccines will be available at each of Immunize El Paso's clinic locations along with outreach site scheduled through the next several weeks. Through small droplets from people who are talking, coughing or sneezing.
Other tips: Wash your hands frequently, cover your mouth with the upper sleeve when coughing and stay home when you're sick as good preventative measures.
Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
- WWE Royal Rumble 2018: 5 Likely Winners Of The Women's Rumble
- UK Could Lose 500000 Jobs Under No-Deal Brexit, London Mayor Warns
- North American Bitcoin conference won't accept Bitcoin payments
- Boris Johnson calls on Donald Trump to support Iran
- Thursday forecast: chances for rain, high 63; cold weather returning this weekend
- Teens Compete in 'Tide Pod Challenge' by Eating Laundry Detergent
- Steph Curry and Kevin Durant Lead All-Star Voting After Second Return
- Aly Raisman: USA Gymnastics is '100% responsible' for doctor's abuse
- Despite his injury, Antonio Brown had a historic year for the Steelers
- Dark Souls Remastered Announced for Nintendo Switch