The 36-year-old entrepreneur took to Twitter and wrote, "Just saw 's empowering & inspiring speech at last night's #GoldenGlobes".
Ivanka's tweet, much like the rest of her online presence, signals her insistence to be seen as an advocate for women despite all evidence to the contrary.
The Golden Globes became a platform for politics this year, with hosts, award-winners and attendees using the red carpet and on-stage air-time to call out the mistreatment of women, following a crushing year of sexual harassment and assault revelations.
Oprah won the annual Cecil B DeMille Award at the Golden Globes and the entertainment mogul delivered a rousing speech where she said that soon a time will come when women won't have to say "Me too" ever again. For her to issue such a call to action, without following this call herself, was a bit much.
But Alyssa was quick to respond to Ivanka's tweet, posting a tongue-in-cheek request for Ivanka to fund the legal case of her father's accusers through the Time's Up campaign. "You can make a lofty donation to the Time's Up Legal Defence fund that is available to support your father's accusers", and Rosie O'Donnell who posted, 'Time is up vanky for u - daddy and jared - Oprah knows - so do we.
Model Chrissy Teigen got straight to the point by simply replying, "ew go away" and actress Jennifer Esposito wrote, "Can you pls start with your Dad".
Others reminded Ivanka about the women who have said her father abused his power against them. $1m for every woman who came forward about your father, and was silenced and demeaned. That "perhaps" is extremely skeptical, however, given Ivanka's previous history as an "influential" advisor toward the president's decisions, and would be an extremely weak attempt, at that. Many seemed to be stunned that Ivanka tweeted such a response.
- PA Spends More Than NIS 1 Billion in Terrorist Payouts in 2017
- 23 civilians killed in Syria, most in Russian air strikes
- Bill Belichick: I don't know if Malcolm Mitchell returns this year
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE:COG) Valuation & Technicals Update
- Brutal cold snap stuns US East Coast after blizzard
- Stocks Movement Analysis: Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (SRC), Southern Company (SO)
- Analyst Research and Ratings: LCI Industries (LCII), Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (GWR)
- Oracle Corporation (ORCL) Shares Bought by Cedar Capital LLC
- Team of the Year is announced
- Lionel Messi stars as Barcelona thrash Celta Vigo in the cup