Franco, who swore to bring Wiseau with him to the ceremony after he was nominated a year ago, invited the movie's subject to stand on stage with him as he collected his statue.
Social media exploded at the moment; some saying it was wise because Wiseau is sometimes peculiar, others upset the man who the film is about didn't get to say something. The younger Franco seemed reluctant at first, but if there's anything he's learned in his 32 years on this earth, it's that whatever his older brother says, goes.
James Franco's win at the Golden Globes on Sunday night has been heavily criticised by a number of people online who have accused the actor of past inappropriate behaviour, including one actress who accused him of sexual misconduct.
And if you haven't seen The Room, change that immediately. When Wiseau went for the microphone, Franco promptly stopped him.
Tonya Harding and Tommy Wiseau put a new spin on the term biopic at the Golden Globes after-parties!
Franco got another blast from the past via Twitter from a girl claiming he propositioned a minor on a separate occasion.
"James Franco just won", she tweeted later while watching the program. I know they don't want me... guy with accent, long hair... so I show them. Franco's gesture and the Golden Globes' decision to honor him, many pointed out, felt like an insult for a night that was intended as a protest and opportunity to support survivors and victims. But in making the movie, Wiseau tapped into the primal urge we all have to make our dreams come true, even if that dream isn't as clean as you might imagine.
- Natalie Portman in Talks to Replace Reese Witherspoon in 'Pale Blue Dot'
- East West Bancorp (EWBC) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research
- Prince of Persia Creator Attempting to Resurrect the Franchise
- 'Scandal'/'How To Get Away With Murder' Crossover Has Been Confirmed
- Components for life disclosed in meteorites
- Girl Scout cookie sale beginning Friday
- Sevilla keen on loan deal for Chelsea forward Batshuayi
- Security forces capture ISIS executioner who threw gay men off buildings
- Keane may return to United on Monday as Stoke assistant
- Theresa May's reshuffle that wasn't