Kwara United goalkeeper, Chidiebere Eze has confirmed that they are fine and that they have returned to Ilorin after cheating death in an accident on Wednesday along Lagos/Ibadan Expressway.
The manager of Kwara United, Jimoh Oke, told the News Agency of Nigeria that the accident occurred as the driver attempted to avoid a collision with another auto.
No life was lost in the incident but the team bus was badly damaged. They were returning to their base in Kwara when the accident occurred. The Afonja warlords lost the match 4-2 on penalties after the regular time ended in a barren draw.
Kwara United Communications officer, Waheed Bibire told reporters that the injured persons have been taken to the hospital.
NAN reports that a player and two officials of the club were injured when a bus conveying the team got involved in an accident at 7.00a.m at Moniya, Ibadan.
Meanwhile, officials of the team have expressed their gratefulness to god for sparing their lives and that of the players.
Among several fellow football clubs and players, Super Eagles defender, Shehu Abdullahi, commiserated with Kwara United. "Nobody died, we have the case of five people sustaining series of injuries".
- Kohl's (KSS) Lifted to Overweight at JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Alliance aims to thwart nosy Wi-Fi spies with new security standards
- Facebook to transform News Feed for meaningful interactions
- Flight of the Conchords returning to HBO with new comedy special
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Rating Increased to Strong-Buy at BidaskClub
- Kevin Gates Released From Prison, For Real This Time
- Security forces capture ISIS executioner who threw gay men off buildings
- Sirius XM (SIRI) Downgraded by JPMorgan Chase & Co. to "Underweight"
- Stephen Curry on Oklahoma's Trae Young: 'He's unbelievable'
- Natalie Portman in Talks to Replace Reese Witherspoon in 'Pale Blue Dot'