He was a staple of the Attitude Era, becoming a favourite around the world, and fans have been desperate for a comeback for years.
At the very least a WWE 24 series will air on the WWE Network specifically about the 25th Anniversary event.
"Stars from throughout the red brand's quarter-century history will be joining in on the celebration in NY".
Austin is one of the superstars most associated with Raw, and in particular during the "Attitude Era" of the late-1990s, during which his feud with Vince McMahon became one of the greatest in the history of the sport.
A host of icons will join Austin for the momentous occasion, which will be held on two different venues on January 22.
Also scheduled to be there will be The Undertaker, who hasn't been seen in the WWE since his retirement at WrestleMania a year ago. The company constantly reminds us of its past successes, and it usually comes in the form of a reunion. This can be made with two bitter rivals crossing path once again, or a former tag team coming together for one appearance.
WWE Hall of Famers and legends who is also slated to appear on the 25th Anniversary Raw are Stone Cold Steve Austin, Ric Flair, Ron Simmons, Ted DiBiase, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Jerry Lawler, Jim Ross, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker.
Additionally, Austin's confirmed appearance opens the possibility of revisiting several rivalries from his long career.
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC Increases Stake in Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC)
- 23 civilians killed in Syria, most in Russian air strikes
- PA Spends More Than NIS 1 Billion in Terrorist Payouts in 2017
- Sacred traditions stop ANC leaders from paying tribute at Qunu
- Analyst Research and Ratings: LCI Industries (LCII), Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (GWR)
- 'Scandal'/'How To Get Away With Murder' Crossover Has Been Confirmed
- Girl Scout cookie sale beginning Friday
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE:COG) Valuation & Technicals Update
- Ivanka Trump is not credible
- Sensex off record highs, still up 76 points in late morning