Natalie Portman is in talks to replace Reese Witherspoon in the lead role of Fox Searchlight's astronaut drama "Pale Blue Dot", Portman's reps told TheWrap. And since he's already finished with season 2 of Legion, that means Pale Blue Dot conceivably has most of this year to shoot before he needs to start work on the new Fargo season.
The drama was once meant to be a starring vehicle for Reese Witherspoon, but she is instead producing along with Bruna Papandrea.
Casting for the male lead is still underway, but Hawley is expected to get cameras rolling on the Fox Searchlight film, written by Brian C Brown and Elliott DiGuiseppi, in the coming months.
The movie, which is being produce by Fox's prestige division Fox Searchlight, follows a female astronaut who comes back to Earth after a successful mission and starts to feel unease about what should be a ideal life.
Based on the premise that protracted time in space takes a toll on one's ability to cope emotionally with life on the ground, the role will find Portman grappling with the Stepford-esque mundane perfection of everyday life once she's back on Earth. He has Buried Bodies (based on the real life Lake Pleasant Bodies case), a Doctor Doom solo movie, and an adaptation of his own novel Before the Fall lined up as potential directing gigs, but Pale Blue Dot is now slated to be his feature directorial debut. She recently played First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy in the film Jackie, for which she was nominated for an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Williams scores 50, Durant reaches National Basketball Association milestone in loss
- East West Bancorp (EWBC) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research
- Ivanka Trump is not credible
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Rating Increased to Strong-Buy at BidaskClub
- Analyst Opinion Summary: Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX), Biogen Inc. (BIIB)
- Security forces capture ISIS executioner who threw gay men off buildings
- Girl Scout cookie sale beginning Friday
- Shares Seesawing -0.99% on Volume: Itau Unibanco Banco Holding SA (ITUB)
- United Kingdom government warns social media giants to fight extremism or face fines
- Components for life disclosed in meteorites