Israel's Ministry of Defense has revealed the dollar value of stipends the Palestinian Authority pays to terrorists and their families.
According to the Jerusalem Post, the Defense Ministry found that the PA paid terrorists and their families over $347 million in 2017.
The ministry said the 2017 payouts included: More than NIS 550 million to released prisoners; about NIS 687 million to the families of suicide bombers; NIS 2,000 a month to Palestinian Authority terrorists serving a three-to-five year sentence in Israeli prisons; Palestinian Authority killers serving sentences of 20-35 years or more in Israeli prisons receive NIS 10,000 per month for life - a monthly salary of almost $3,000 - more than the average Israeli salary.
A terrorist serving life in prison and an Israeli citizen, received NIS 10,950 monthly from the PA (Palestinian Authority), more than the average monthly salary in Israel according to the Central Bureau of Statistics. American lawmakers have argued that the stipends are themselves incitement after captured terrorist have averred that they carried out the act of violence in order to receive the PA stipend. "There is nothing that better illustrates the PA's support for terrorism". Terrorists with Israeli citizenship receive an extra bonus of NIS 500 per month - more than $100 on top of whatever additions have already been added. Bonuses are also issued if the terrorist is married and for each child they have.
"The PA pays over a billion shekels a year to terrorists and their families, thus encouraging and perpetuating terror", he said. "We must stop this".
To combat the PA's funding of terrorism, Israel's Defense Ministry is proposing a bill that would allow ministers to deduct tax revenue Israel provides to the PA based on how much the PA paid terrorists.
The Defense Ministry bill is a version of legislation submitted by Yesh Atid MK Elazar Stern.
Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates said Monday the Israel undermines worldwide law by implying its use of death penalty against Palestinians who have been "indicted of carrying out, or trying to carry out operations".
- Is Mattel, Inc. (MAT) Dependable Investment For Shareholders?
- Official teaser confirms HTC U11 EYEs launch on January 15; expected features
- Deepika Padukone wants Ranveer Singh to stop doing this - Deets inside
- Old Is New: Hyperkin Bringing Back Updated Gameboy
- HCA Holdings, Inc. (HCA), Cardinal Health, Inc. (CAH)
- Stock Radar: Viewing Levels For Cheniere Energy Partners LP Holdings Llc (CQH)
- Stocks Movement Analysis: Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (SRC), Southern Company (SO)
- Notable Stock Analysts Ratings Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (TSM)
- Bharti Airtel fixed, wireless postpaid customers to get Amazon Prime service free
- Comparable Company Analysis: The Finish Line, Inc. (FINL), Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS)