This is one of the key conditions that Zuma has put down during behind-the-scenes negotiations now taking place with newly elected ANC President Cyril Ramaphosa, in exchange for his resignation, according to a Mail & Guardian report.
Zuma and his allies reportedly also want assurances that some Cabinet members will stay on in their portfolios, including Energy Minister David Mahlobo and State Security Minister Bongani Bongo.
Gerrit van Rooyen, of NKC African Economics, said investors would scrutinise Ramaphosa's speech for clues on his policy preferences, as well as signals that President Jacob Zuma could be forced to step down soon.
Only party President Cyril Ramaphosa, his top six leaders and ANC Eastern Cape chairman Oscar Mabuyane were allowed into the palatial home located along the N2 near Mthatha.
He favours Human Settlements Minister Lindiwe Sisulu or National Assembly Speaker Baleka Mbete.
Last week, The Star reported that Zuma had been given an ultimatum by Ramaphosa supporters in the NEC, that he should either resign before this week's NEC meeting or face a motion of no confidence against him.
Talk of Zuma's resignation had a positive impact on the rand, according to Business Day.
"The NEC was emphatic that we must urgently implement the resolution to pursue expropriation of land without compensation with due regard to safeguarding and growing the agricultural sector and ensuring food security‚" Magashule said.
The rand was down 0.18 percent at 12.4150 to the dollar by 1552 GMT, on course for a weekly decline of about 1 percent.
A number of ANC national executive committee members (NEC) who spoke to the Mail and Guardian, confirmed the behind-the-scenes negotiations with Zuma, and said they were aware of some of his conditions - but said that Zuma was asking too much of Ramaphosa.
- American Airlines higher after strong Q4 update
- Michigan State vs. Rutgers - 1/10/18 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Sensex off record highs, still up 76 points in late morning
- Two Former WWE Women's Champions Contacted For Women's Royal Rumble Match
- Stock Radar: Viewing Levels For Cheniere Energy Partners LP Holdings Llc (CQH)
- Liam Fox - Too soon to seek membership of Trans-Pacific trade deal
- LaVar Ball: Lakers 'don't want to play for' Luke Walton
- Official teaser confirms HTC U11 EYEs launch on January 15; expected features
- Stephen Colbert to go live again after Trump's State of the Union
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) PT Set at $80.00 by KeyCorp