This is one of the key conditions that Zuma has put down during behind-the-scenes negotiations now taking place with newly elected ANC President Cyril Ramaphosa, in exchange for his resignation, according to a Mail & Guardian report.
Zuma and his allies reportedly also want assurances that some Cabinet members will stay on in their portfolios, including Energy Minister David Mahlobo and State Security Minister Bongani Bongo.
Gerrit van Rooyen, of NKC African Economics, said investors would scrutinise Ramaphosa's speech for clues on his policy preferences, as well as signals that President Jacob Zuma could be forced to step down soon.
Only party President Cyril Ramaphosa, his top six leaders and ANC Eastern Cape chairman Oscar Mabuyane were allowed into the palatial home located along the N2 near Mthatha.
He favours Human Settlements Minister Lindiwe Sisulu or National Assembly Speaker Baleka Mbete.
Last week, The Star reported that Zuma had been given an ultimatum by Ramaphosa supporters in the NEC, that he should either resign before this week's NEC meeting or face a motion of no confidence against him.
Talk of Zuma's resignation had a positive impact on the rand, according to Business Day.
"The NEC was emphatic that we must urgently implement the resolution to pursue expropriation of land without compensation with due regard to safeguarding and growing the agricultural sector and ensuring food security‚" Magashule said.
The rand was down 0.18 percent at 12.4150 to the dollar by 1552 GMT, on course for a weekly decline of about 1 percent.
A number of ANC national executive committee members (NEC) who spoke to the Mail and Guardian, confirmed the behind-the-scenes negotiations with Zuma, and said they were aware of some of his conditions - but said that Zuma was asking too much of Ramaphosa.
- LaVar Ball: Lakers 'don't want to play for' Luke Walton
- PA Spends More Than NIS 1 Billion in Terrorist Payouts in 2017
- Chris Dailey Named A Finalist For Women's Basketball Hall Of Fame
- Snow-melting rain, flooding and fog forecast for Friday
- Stephen Colbert to go live again after Trump's State of the Union
- Blackrock rewards shareholders with bumper dividend after record-breaking year
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE:COG) Valuation & Technicals Update
- Stocks Movement Analysis: Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (SRC), Southern Company (SO)
- Nordea Investment Management AB Boosts Position in Morgan Stanley (MS)
- Stock Radar: Viewing Levels For Cheniere Energy Partners LP Holdings Llc (CQH)