The snow continues to melt today and there are areas of dense fog.
The area could see between 6 to 12 inches of accumulation, the weather service said. The advisory is in effect until 11 p.m.
Transportation crew are out plowing and treating roads this morning.
The snow that has been piled high since the "bomb cyclone" likely will be washed away by the rain and melted by mild temperatures forecast through Saturday.
Sunday is expected to be lear and cold, with temperatures ranging from around 10 degrees in the far north to the low 20s in the south.
Ice and sleet as well as reduced visibility are expected to make travel conditions unsafe Friday morning. This could be a big deal as ice accumulates Friday night into Saturday morning. There's a chance of snow on Sunday and Monday.
Then the snow returns.
In western MA, the heaviest rain is expected Friday afternoon.
Young Men Save Couple Stuck on Train Tracks
Today's rain is expected to transition into a wintery mix around midnight and into snow later.
An example of the ice jam occurring in 2014.
Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. By Friday morning, temperatures will already be close to 50 and I would not be surprised if some areas to the south of Utica get close to 60 degrees by Friday evening. The watch is set to run from late Thursday night through Saturday afternoon.
UPDATE: At 10:43 a.m., the National Weather Service issued a dedicated flood warning for the Genesee River in Portageville in Wyoming County.
Gusting winds may also cause power outages.
The Modesto Irrigation District reported that more than half of an inch of rain had fallen in downtown Modesto on Tuesday. Less than an inch of snow, if any, is expected near the coast.
Sleet and ice accumulations could make traveling hard.
- Vitolo off the mark as Atletico Madrid cruise to Copa win
- Comparable Company Analysis: The Finish Line, Inc. (FINL), Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS)
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- Spain's Carlos Sainz wins stage six of Dakar Rally
- Blackrock rewards shareholders with bumper dividend after record-breaking year
- Liam Fox - Too soon to seek membership of Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Most expensive cars in the world: review of 2018
- Xerox in Talks with Fujifilm
- Spark Therapeutics' gene therapy for a rare blindness gets $850K price tag
- Donald Trump's Racist Behavior Continues With Slur Towards African Immigrants