He also dished out 10 of the Sooners' 24 assists in the game. 6 Wichita State won by 12 and 16h-ranked Texas A&M by 17.
Senior Jeffrey Carroll leads the Pokes in scoring at 15.2 ppg and is three points behind Marcus Smart for 35th place on the Oklahoma State scoring charts.
The Wofford Terriers went 0-3, including one 34-point showcase by Curry, then a Davidson sophomore. "But I don't think that we're going to be close to what we can be until February and that's with everybody getting favorable outcomes". I expect that to continue.
Young also noted the Golden State stalwart has helped change basketball into a game where aggressive offensive point guards can thrive: "I feel like it's you shoot a 3 or you get all the way to the rim".
As The Ringer's Mark Titus noted, among point guards to win the John Wooden Award, Young would lead all of them in scoring and assists, second in three-point field goal percentage, and third in field goal percentage.
At halftime, the Cowboys trailed 50-42, but kept the Sooners' lead within striking distance, despite shooting 20 percent worse from the field. "He gets to the free-throw line at a really high rate".
The game got a bit chippy during the final minutes of the half. Words were exchanged, but players were separated. The two point guards stared each other down and walked toward each other before coaches broke it up.
Young, the nation's leader in points and assists, scored 27 points and dished out 10 assists.
No. 1 CT 96, East Carolina 35: Katie Lou Samuelson scored 19 points for CT (12-0, 2-0 American Athletic Conference).
The Sooners lost their only game to Arkansas on Thanksgiving, and later scored upsets over three ranked teams all on the road-No.
The Cowboys are seeking back-to-back wins in Norman for the first time since 1964 and 1965. It was OU's 16th win over the Cowboys in the last 18 games played at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman. "It's going to be a lot of energy, high-energy, great atmosphere to play in".
The Tigers, who have won eight straight, play at Boston College on Wednesday and host Louisville on Saturday.
Young started the game slow, air-balling his first shot. The two former teammates will meet again January 20 in Stillwater for the second round of Bedlam. With the game in Norman, Oklahoma should be just fine.
- Sweden says US cutting aid to Palestine threatens stability
- Mysterious 'alien megastructure' star might finally have an explanation
- Special counsel's team, lawyers discuss possible Trump interview in Russian probe
- Microsoft shares pre-order details for the $319 Cortana thermostat
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Rating Increased to Strong-Buy at BidaskClub
- Alliance aims to thwart nosy Wi-Fi spies with new security standards
- Flight of the Conchords returning to HBO with new comedy special
- Dancing On Ice returns to ITV with a staggering amount of viewers!
- Kohl's (KSS) Lifted to Overweight at JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH) Stake Lowered by Clinton Group Inc