CES 2018 "is a "fulfillment" one where we won't see as much "vision" but more companies delivering on the promises made a year ago", Patrick Moorhead, president and principal analyst at Moor Insights & Strategy told CNBC. He's also known as a musicologist and documentarian through programs like The Ongoing History of New Music.
When CES rolls around every year, there are the inevitable slew of launches from consumer technology firms, eager to make a splash at the show with the largest TV, the smartest appliance, the most innovative vehicle. "CES is a melting pot of companies making breakthroughs and pushing the envelope in a wide variety of industries, trucking included".
Ives expects "a big push" from the California search giant at the trade show, he said in a research note.
AFP reported experts who said that many companies gave up gadgets with AI systems and instead are building devices involving smart voice assistants. Licensing and the promise of signing people up for services like Amazon Prime or YouTube Red are a huge potential revenue stream for these companies. Google's Assistant can be summoned on Android smartphones, and Siri lives on Apple's iPhones. Some of you might even prefer the Windows integration of Microsoft's Cortana.
Several other players will be trying to catch up with Amazon and Google.
One of the biggest winners at CES 2017 was Amazon Alexa, the smart assistant that managed to get integrated into practically everything, from fridges to cars.
Over the course of the four-day show, televisions, home appliances and autonomous vehicle technology are also expected to be prominent trends.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning will make an appearance in various smart home platforms so cameras can distinguish between your family and a stranger and various devices can interact with each other to make better decisions about how and when they should turn on or off. Customers can also use voice commands to turn the mirror's embedded lights on and off, and tap into the rest of Alexa's skills, like asking for a weather report.
Amazon's Alexa dominated the show past year, despite not being an exhibitor due to their integration deals with everything from auto manufacturers to home security and smart home devices from a wide variety of companies.
- Christian Bale Has Not Seen Ben Affleck's Batman Movies Yet
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) Downgraded by BidaskClub to "Hold"
- Hogan Announces State Lawmaker Term Limit Bill
- Fit Jamie Vardy set to return against defending champions Chelsea
- Illegal African Migrants Leave or face Jail
- Footage of Cancelled "Modernized" Star Wars X-Wing Game Emerges
- Alabama won title game despite theft of coach's playbook, report says
- Democrats to be sworn in to Senate, narrow GOP majority
- Turkey to continue operation in northern Syria: Erdogan
- IFC Holdings Incorporated FL Buys 2320 Shares of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)