OAKLAND, Calif. - Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant scored his 20,000th career point with 1:41 remaining in the second quarter of Wednesday's 125-106 loss to the LA Clippers, becoming the second-youngest player in National Basketball Association history, behind LeBron James, to reach that milestone.
As a team, the Warriors shot 48 percent from the field and eight of 23 from the three-point line but the game turned in the third quarter where the Clippers' Lou Williams poured in 27 of his career-high 50 points. And he reached the milestone as the second youngest cog behind LeBron James.
Durant hasn't posted an average less than 25 points per game since his his rookie year in 2007-08, when he won Rookie of the Year honors with the Seattle SuperSonics. "Even if he didn't have 32 points and nine assists, what he brings to our offence and all the attention that he draws that gets me open shots ... he creates a lot of mismatches on the floor for the defence".
After C.J. Williams hit a floater from the left baseline with 3:35 left, tying the score at 99, Bazemore followed up a layup with a 3-pointer to give Atlanta a 104-100 lead with 2:11 to play.
Wallace, who also graduated from Cal Berkley, played his second game on Monday against the Hawks where he scored 11 points. He was on the floor for 32 minutes, scoring 13 points on 33 percent shooting (4-of-12) with three rebounds, three steals, and two assists as the Warriors blew out the Clippers. "It's an embarrassment of riches", said Kerr when talking of Green and Durant. "My second year, I wanted to average 25".
"I didn't see anything".
"I will not take Draymond's advice and go on Dancing with the Stars", he said. "I think he has another couple of tests to pass, and we'll just have to wait".
On the television broadcast, Warriors analyst Jim Barnett said the Clippers are "like an expansion team". Well, that would be possible only if James has ñot reached the milestone set by Jabbar i.e.38387 points. "I was just taking it a day at a time, just trying to lock in, stay in the moment, and here I am".
- Bharti Airtel fixed, wireless postpaid customers to get Amazon Prime service free
- 23 civilians killed in Syria, most in Russian air strikes
- Stock Radar: Viewing Levels For Cheniere Energy Partners LP Holdings Llc (CQH)
- Trump announces 'fake news' awards for 'dishonest' media
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC Increases Stake in Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC)
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE:COG) Valuation & Technicals Update
- Shashi Tharoor, Sushma Swaraj disagreement over making Hindi official language at UN
- Old Is New: Hyperkin Bringing Back Updated Gameboy
- Sacred traditions stop ANC leaders from paying tribute at Qunu
- Notable Stock Analysts Ratings Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (TSM)