The contest was held between Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid candidate Bizenjo and Pashtunkhuwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) member Agha Liaquat.
In a 65-member Balochistan assembly, 41 members cast their votes in favour of Bizenjo.
The results were announced by the Balochistan assembly Speaker Raheela Durrani.
On Friday, Bizenjo, an MPA from Awaran district, had submitted five nomination papers each proposed and seconded by members of allied parties.
Balochistan has elected the third chief executive in a span of around four and a half years and the latest selection comes on the heels of resignation by Sanauaalah Zehri, who assumed the post in December 2015, however, relinquished the charge owing to a no-trust move tabled against him by disgruntled Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) legislators as well as opposition parties.
Following the in-house election, the new leader of the house will take oath of his office at 5 pm.
The biggest party, PML-N which has 21 members in the house, is in total disarray after the rebellion against Zehri.
Retracing the steps of his father, who was thrice elected from Awaran, Bizenjo commenced his political career from his hometown Shindi Jhao Awaran.
Commentators' have taken note of the fact that Zardari's close aide was sitting in the assembly as Bizenjo was voted in and had taken the passenger seat of fresh CM's vehicle as he left for Governor House for swearing-in ceremony.
Interestingly, Bijenzo made it to the provincial assembly by securing 544 votes of the 57,666 registered votes in 2013 General Elections, with the turnout as low as 1.1percent. When he joined the PML-N-led coalition government in the province, Bizenjo was nominated as the deputy speaker of the Balochistan Assembly in June 2013.
A no-confidence motion was submitted against Zehri on January 2 by MPAs Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo and Syed Agha Raza and had the signatures of 14 lawmakers. The crisis was averted on January 9 after Zehri tendered his resignation to Governor Muhammad Khan Achakzai minutes before the no-confidence motion against him.
- Vishay Intertechnology (VSH) Shares Bought by Public Employees Retirement System of Ohio
- Utilities to calculate tax savings; ratepayers could benefit
- (UTX) Holdings Cut by Meag Munich Ergo Kapitalanlagegesellschaft MBH
- Automotive Engine Oil Market | Global Industry Report (2012-2022)
- Oil Prices Spike Amid Extremely Large API Crude Oil Draw (USO)
- Driver recalls terrifying moment mudflow sweeps away his vehicle after evacuating home
- Palo Alto Networks Inc (PANW) EVP Sells 23603 Shares of Stock
- Discover Financial Services' (DFS) "Market Perform" Rating Reaffirmed at Wells Fargo & Co
- Of Nevada Inc. Lowers Holdings in Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ)
- Investment Research Analysts Opinion: Golar LNG Partners LP (GMLP), Carter's, Inc. (CRI)