Footage has emerged of Desionne Franklin's auto being swept down and around a curve in the street, pushed by a rapidly-moving tide of muddy brown water.
The video is truly horrifying to watch, and it's no wonder the driver thought he was going to die - but he made it out, safe and sound.
Several hours later, he received word that the storm's condition had worsened and that the neighborhood was being evacuated, according to KTLA. Later, a video of the auto was also posted on his Instagram account with the caption: "Barely made it out!"
"I could hear a rumbling and the rain was coming down hard and I said 'we gotta go now". Rescue officials said numerous missing may simply have been unreachable by family and friends who reported they could not find them.
Franklin and his girlfriend were the last to leave, and he attempted to ease his auto down the street to avoid puncturing any tires. Franklin said he finally got traction somehow just before he hit the creek and was able to drive out of the way. "I'm like, I'm going but I have no control of the brakes or the steering or anything at that point for a part of the way down". "She's screaming at the top of her lungs - 'Hey, go faster, go go go, ' she's pulling my shirt", he recalled.
"One of the cars looked like a wadded up piece of foil paper", he said. Other cars were not so lucky. The vehicle was mucked up and scratched, but still functions fine.
Burbank firefighters later said they became trapped in the area of Deer Canyon and Sunset Basins as flowing mud made it impossible for residents to leave their homes.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH) Stake Lowered by Clinton Group Inc
- Nonprofits, County Agencies Awarded $20 Million in HUD Grants to Combat Homelessness
- Kwara United Team Bus Involved In Major Accident
- James France wins 'Best Actor' for 'The Disaster Artist'
- Hina Khan Challenges Dictator Vikas Gupta's Rules
- Terry Richardson Is Reportedly Under NYPD Investigation Over Sexual Assault Accusations
- Trump says 'probably' has a good relationship with North Korea's Kim
- Kohl's (KSS) Lifted to Overweight at JPMorgan Chase & Co
- AIR 1 Nishita Purohit Shares Preparation Strategies with NEET, AIIMS Aspirants
- Writing essay service how it is.