In that message, Williamson said the party's mission was now "to develop policy and selecting candidates who support the progressive agenda that won Jeremy two Labour leadership victories".
Jeremy Corbyn made 13 appointments to his frontbench team last night, also including Jack Dromey as Shadow Minister for Pensions, Clive Lewis as Shadow Minister for the Treasury and Laura Smith as Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office. "I'm a politician. I was elected on a set of principles".
The former Territorial Army infantry officer denied the allegation and said he was "very pleased to be able to put this behind me and move on" after he was cleared.
Williamson, who was shadow fire minister and is a close friend of Corbyn, quit just a day after he said council tax should be doubled on properties worth more than £320,000.
The rate of council tax would then increase progressively, culminating with a 100 per cent rise for homes in Band H.
It is one of a number of changes to Labour's shadow cabinet that Mr Corbyn announced today. In Wales, the national assembly still has the power has the power to "cap" local authorities' council tax rises.
The Norwich South MP had been accused of groping a party supporter at the Labour conference in Brighton last September.
A Corbyn-supporter, he was regarded as a rising star before resigning as shadow business secretary past year after refusing to obey the party's three-line whip and vote for the bill allowing Theresa May to trigger article 50, the formal process for leaving the European Union.
Of the 13 junior appointments announced late on Friday, others include Jack Dromey as shadow minister of pensions, Judith Cummins as shadow minister for global trade, and Paula Sherriff as shadow minister for social care and mental health.
- Padmaavat: Karni Sena members held while protesting outside CBFC office
- $3.41 Billion in Sales Expected for Stryker Corporation (SYK) This Quarter
- John Lewis Christmas sales exceed £1bn but profit margin shrinks
- Western Digital Corp (NASDAQ:WDC) Institutional Investor Sentiment Is 1.12
- PNC Financial Services Group Inc. Q4 Earnings Advance 106%
- Honeywell International Inc (NYSE:HON) Institutional Investor Positioning Change
- Is Los Angeles Joining NYC in the Fight Against Big Oil?
- LeBron James Gets Into It With Lance Stephenson During Cavs-Pacers Game
- Barcelona's Arda Turan returns to Turkey on loan
- MA Trims Holdings in Apple Inc. (AAPL)