"It's like Superman meets Big, and that's just so fun".
Deadline reports that Warner Bros. announced the release date for Shazam! The film has also reportedly cast Mark Strong (The Kingsman franchise) as its as-yet-unidentified villain and has David F. Samberg (Lights Out) as director.
The film stars Zachary Levi, who plays the titular superhero, and Asher Angel, who plays Billy Batson, a young boy who turns into Shazam when he utters the name. Filming will likely be underway soon if they're planning to hit an April 2019 release date. By saying the world "Shazam", teenager Billy Batson was transformed into the "world's mightiest mortal" and given extraordinary abilities by ancient gods. Levi said. "I get to do my version of Big, basically". "It's not glum, and like, 'Oh, I have to save the world again'". WB had previously also booked a July 27, 2018 release date for an untitled DC movie, but the studio has announced that the project is now off the calendar. Although Wonder Woman was a massive success and brought more than $821 million worldwide, the ensemble Justice League underwhelmed with about $660 million.
That being said, they seem to have a charming take on the material, and with Shazam! opening in April, it's not like Warner Bros' is banking its summer slate on the movie.
- Steve Bannon is out at Breitbart
- Banco De Chile (BCH) Hits New 1-Year High at $102.11
- Labour steps up investigation into MP Ivan Lewis
- TransCanada (TRP) Hits New 12-Month Low at $59.12
- Murphy Oil (MUR) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Sell
- Jessica Falkholt continues to fights for life after life support switched off
- Brokers Set Expectations for Wells Fargo & Co's FY2017 Earnings (NYSE:WFC)
- 5 ice fishermen rescued from Lake Erie ice floe
- Court Documents Reveal New Details in Las Vegas Shooting
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI) Position Lowered by Jaffetilchin Investment Partners LLC