"It's like Superman meets Big, and that's just so fun".
Deadline reports that Warner Bros. announced the release date for Shazam! The film has also reportedly cast Mark Strong (The Kingsman franchise) as its as-yet-unidentified villain and has David F. Samberg (Lights Out) as director.
The film stars Zachary Levi, who plays the titular superhero, and Asher Angel, who plays Billy Batson, a young boy who turns into Shazam when he utters the name. Filming will likely be underway soon if they're planning to hit an April 2019 release date. By saying the world "Shazam", teenager Billy Batson was transformed into the "world's mightiest mortal" and given extraordinary abilities by ancient gods. Levi said. "I get to do my version of Big, basically". "It's not glum, and like, 'Oh, I have to save the world again'". WB had previously also booked a July 27, 2018 release date for an untitled DC movie, but the studio has announced that the project is now off the calendar. Although Wonder Woman was a massive success and brought more than $821 million worldwide, the ensemble Justice League underwhelmed with about $660 million.
That being said, they seem to have a charming take on the material, and with Shazam! opening in April, it's not like Warner Bros' is banking its summer slate on the movie.
- Canadian Natural Resource (CNQ) Earning Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Report Finds
- Banco De Chile (BCH) Hits New 1-Year High at $102.11
- Flotek Industries Sees Unusually Large Options Volume (NYSE:FTK)
- Supreme Court hears arguments over Ohio's voter registration law
- Elite Dangerous Offering Open Beta For Season 3
- Labour steps up investigation into MP Ivan Lewis
- Warning over alarming 'Tide Pod Challenge' detergent eating YouTube trend
- Brokers Set Expectations for Wells Fargo & Co's FY2017 Earnings (NYSE:WFC)
- Simona Halep Faces Wild Card in Australian Open First Round
- Which Insider bought 5000 Shares Of Radian Group Inc. (RDN)?