Additionally, new flavors have been added, including Ginger Lime, Feisty Cherry, Zesty Blood Orange and Twisted Mango.
The company says Diet Coke's new look and flavors were aimed to appeal to millennials.
Rafael Acevedo of Coca-Cola North America says the new marketing will be "more authentic" and "a lot more gender neutral and diverse". The company spent two years on the makeover and tested more than 30 flavors before settling on the four. We're modernizing what has made Diet Coke so special for a new generation.
Excited Coke fans tweeted their excitement: "I like this new millennial-oriented Diet Coke can, probably the flavours too".
Coca-Cola is launching a new advert for its Coca-Cola Zero Sugar brand which features Mr Hadley, the character portrayed in the original advert when the product was first launched in the United Kingdom in 2006. "Millennials are now thirstier than ever for adventures and new experiences, and we want to be right by their side".
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated (NASDAQ COKE) traded down $1.22 during mid-day trading on Thursday, hitting $203.96. The look gives the brand a more contemporary feel. A slightly refined typography simultaneously preserves Diet Coke's heritage, but presents it in a more progressive manner, the company said.
Diet Coke will also continue to be offered in its existing package sizes, including standard 12-oz cans, mini cans, and glass and plastic bottles.
"The "High Line" is a Coca-Cola red disc that has gone for a walk", Sommerville explains.
Diet Coke, known as Coca-Cola light in most worldwide markets, is available in more than 110 countries around the world.
Starting in February, Canadians will be able to try all four of the new flavours (as well as the original flavour), which will be available in slimmer, silver cans, with the logo now running down the can vertically instead of horizontally.
- 'Barely Made It Out' Says Couple Who Raced Car Out Of Mudslide
- Ant Financial's MoneyGram acquisition Scrapped
- New home launches plunge 78% in 2017
- Tamil Nadu transport workers call off 8-day strike 'temporarily'
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (AEM) Given Average Rating of "Buy" by Brokerages
- Trump Lawyer Sues Fusion GPS and Buzzfeed News Over Dossier
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Is Making a Big Donation to Help Dreamers
- Camila Cabello Performs 'Never Be the Same' On The 'Tonight Show'
- Taylor Swift books 3rd NY-area concert despite lack of sellouts
- Nonprofits, County Agencies Awarded $20 Million in HUD Grants to Combat Homelessness