The Stoops name has become synonymous with Oklahoma football since Bob Stoops got the head coaching job with the Sooners prior to the 1999 season and won a national title just one year later.
Stoops was ranked a three-star wide receiver recruit at Norman North High School and had offers from Iowa, Memphis and OH, but will play at OU as a preferred walk-on.
Drake Stoops is a 5-11, 175-pouond wide receiver from Norman North High School.
He chose the Sooners over offers from Air Force, Arkansas State, Memphis, Ohio, Western Kentucky, Youngstown State and Iowa, his father's alma mater.
There is also precedent for being an impact player as an OU walk-on from Norman North.
Stoops was a two-time member of The Oklahoman's All-State first team. In his senior season, Stoops recorded 66 receptions for a total of 1,093 yards and 15 touchdowns.
You might also be interested in..
- Donald Trump should apologize for remarks: African UN states
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE) Director Purchases 1125 Shares of Stock
- Cummins Inc. (CMI) Given Average Recommendation of "Hold" by Analysts
- MA Trims Holdings in Apple Inc. (AAPL)
- Bring on Tennessee! Patriots to host Titans in AFC Divisional matchup
- Florida Monkeys May Infect Humans With Possibly Fatal Herpes Virus
- Tamil Nadu transport unions withdraw strike, to resume work from Friday
- Oil Prices Spike Amid Extremely Large API Crude Oil Draw (USO)
- National Football League picks divisional round: Predictions for every game
- The Fundamental Case for and Against Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY)