A terrifyingly shocking video which has gone viral on social media shows a Dallas man Desionne Franklin maneuvering his auto down a steep, curved path as it is pursued by a deluge of muddy water.
Video taken by Burbank firefighters showed the Prius - as some put it - "bobsledding" down the hill, riding the wave of mud.
"In disaster circumstances there have been many miraculous stories lasting many days and we certainly are searching for a miracle right now", Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said.
"I got halfway down the hill, and I just feel this burst of water", Desionne explained. Instead, he nervously surveyed the scene as it unfolded outside his window "like a torrent of water, and boulders, and rocks, and mud that was a constant flow".
The video is truly horrifying to watch, and it's no wonder the driver thought he was going to die - but he made it out, safe and sound.
Despite the conditions, Franklin said the Prius was able to remain in control at the end of the slide."I didn't even know a Prius could hold up in nothing like that".
Then, a wave of water crashed into the back of the auto. "My girlfriend was screaming 'go go go'".
"They looked like wadded-up pieces of paper", he said. The vehicle was mucked up and scratched, but still functions fine. "Barely made it out", he writes alongside the video.
On Tuesday, the Verdugo Mountains area that had been charred in the La Tuna Fire last September was particularly vulnerable to flash flooding.
Authorities issued evacuation orders on Tuesday after waves of mud from hills swept down County Club Drive in the Los Angeles foothill suburb. Both cars appeared severely damaged.
- Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (ZAYO) Receives $38.50 Consensus PT from Analysts
- University of Calgary under pressure to expel convicted sex offender
- Of Nevada Inc. Lowers Holdings in Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ)
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Margot Robbie Thought Tonya Harding Was a Fictional Character
- Why JJ Redick questions existence of dinosaurs
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- Motor show in Saudi Arabia caters for women drivers only
- Tractor Supply (TSCO) Forecasted to Earn FY2017 Earnings of $3.30 Per Share
- Qatar Accuses UAE of Second Airspace Violation in a Row