During an appearance on Thursday's episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the host informed Mirren that she's actually 72 years old, not 73. "I think Claire Foy was brilliant". Because we thought we were 74 and then we we worked it out and no, we're 73. They've always been thought of as the rather naughty, mischievous, sort of younger sibling to the Oscars, you know. But after a few moments of confusion and back and forth, Mirren excitedly realised that Ellen was right, saying "I'm 72?" I sent her an email congratulating her. "I've just made a whole year!" But DeGeneres is confident in her findings and reassures the actress that she is, in fact, 72 years old. And it seems they know who she is.
"I wanted to kind of get away from that".
Helen will next be seen on the big screen in The Leisure Seeker on March 9 and has four more projects set up this year.
Helen Mirren was a year ahead of her time.
'I see myself stopping, not working, nearly every morning, ' she replied adding she never wanted to go to a party, go out to dinner or even do Ellen. "I was going to say you look great but you're losing it".
- Blunderwoman star Bella Emberg dies at age 80
- Trump asked why 'pretty Korean lady' analyst wasn't negotiating with North Korea
- Baker Mayfield catches touchdown pass on trick play during Rose Bowl
- Encana Corp (ECA) Shares Bought by Nexus Investment Management Inc
- (HUN) Stake Decreased by Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc
- Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) Technical Fundamentals and Valuation
- RSP Permian (RSPP) Receives "Buy" Rating from Piper Jaffray Companies
- Valero Energy Partners (VLP) Coverage Initiated by Analysts at Credit Suisse Group
- Mother of 'H&M Kid' Reveals She's Now Experiencing Racist Abuse
- CT man to plead guilty in 'Celebgate' hacking case