"Higher than a month has passed as Matt Lauer was sacked from the Today series, and his previous longtime colleague, Katie Couric, is now opening up about the former NBC anchor's surprising dismissal." everything has been very debilitating for me", Couric, 6-1, tells individuals.
Couric told People that the allegations have been painful for her to learn, and that she had no idea such activity was going on during her "Today" tenure. "The accounts I've read and heard have been disturbing, distressing and disorienting and it's completely unacceptable that any woman at the Today show experienced this kind of treatment". I feel I speak for many of my coworkers once I say it was not exactly the Matt we knew. Couric said that she and Lauer had a "brother-sister" relationship and that he treated her with respect. "It's still very upsetting", Couric said.
Lauer left NBC after a detailed complaint about inappropriate actions surfaced.
A day after his firing, NBC News' Stephanie Gosk said there were as many as eight accusers while appearing on Megyn Kelly Today.
After the news broke, several anonymous women, who were former of current NBC employees, revealed Lauer, 60, allegedly harassed or assaulted them sexually.
Couric has only spoken out once before about her longtime pal Lauer after a Twitter user called her out for her silence.
Couric co-hosted the Today show with Lauer for 15 years until she left in 2006 to host CBS Evening News.
Couric initially chose to remain quiet about the situation, writing on social media in December that "I will say something when I'm ready to". "Thanks for your interest".
Lauer was sacked by NBC in November after the network received a "detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior", saying it had reason to believe it wasn't an isolated incident. Lauer apologized after he was sacked by NBC News in late November.
"To the people I have hurt, I am truly sorry".
- Simple Moving Averages under Review: Franklin Resources, Inc. (NYSE: BEN)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE), HCA Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:HCA)
- Showtime To Broadcast Chelsea Manning Documentary 'XY Chelsea'
- Westpac Banking Corp Sells 3321 Shares of AbbVie Inc (ABBV)
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI) Position Lowered by Jaffetilchin Investment Partners LLC
- How Have Institutional Investors Been Trading Bank of America Corporation (BAC)?
- Bank NS Halifax (BNS) Position Lifted by Jones Collombin Investment Counsel Inc
- Tottenham to open contract talks with another duo, fans will be delighted
- DDR Corp. (DDR), PPL Corporation (PPL)
- 5 ice fishermen rescued from Lake Erie ice floe