"John Wick's" next assignment could be the small screen. Keanu Reeves is attached as a producer (he's expected to cameo "at some point"), while Chad Stahelski, who directed John Wick and John Wick: Chapter 2, will helm the pilot; The Wire and Sons of Anarchy writer Chris Collins was hired as showrunner.
The original John Wick was praised for its heavy emphasis on world-building with a world that was built around an economy of assassins, which was done in a way not to set up a bunch of sequels as many franchise-hopefuls are wont to do, but to flesh out the otherwise-simple narrative.
"Howards End", a four-episode limited series, is based on E.M. Forster's novel of the same name and will premiere on Sunday, April 8.
Starz announced on Friday that it was moving forward with a series set in the John Wick universe.
A series adaptation of the John Wick franchise had been eyed for some time, with Stahelski teasing months ago that there was strong interest and that Lionsgate was already in early development on the project.
A press release elaborated that The Continental focuses on the inner workings of the hotel.
With a working title "The Continental", the series will revolve around the hotel featured in both John Wick movies in which criminals and assassins can find safe harbor.
John Wick and its sequel film have grossed almost $300 million at the worldwide box office and a successful virtual reality mobile game. Starz will retain domestic multiplatform pay TV and SVOD rights to the series, while Lionsgate will control global, domestic distribution and home entertainment rights.
The team behind The Continental will include other veterans from the John Wick franchise including screenwriter Derek Kolstad and star Keanu Reeves, who will serve as an executive producer. Lionsgate retains all worldwide and domestic distribution and home entertainment rights.
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Is Making a Big Donation to Help Dreamers
- Facebook to transform News Feed for meaningful interactions
- Kwara United Team Bus Involved In Major Accident
- Taylor Swift books 3rd NY-area concert despite lack of sellouts
- State Department revamps travel advisories to make them easier to understand
- 'Barely Made It Out' Says Couple Who Raced Car Out Of Mudslide
- Nitish Kumar's convoy attacked, pelted with stones in Bihar; two injured
- John Cena to Voice New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Baddie for Nickelodeon
- Pair Carjacked Victim At Gunpoint, Used Vehicle To Commit Armed Robbery
- Nonprofits, County Agencies Awarded $20 Million in HUD Grants to Combat Homelessness