LMPD says 46-year-old Christopher Olivo was arrested by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Violent Crime Task Force around 10:15 p.m. Friday.
Members of the countys Violent Crimes Task Force stopped Olivos auto at USA 19 and Ulmerton Road at about 10:13 p.m. Friday and he was taken into custody.
Olivo is accused of murdering a man and two women inside a Louisville, Kentucky home.
After the murders in Louisville, authorities said Olivo fled the area with his 3-year-old daughter.
When Olivo was arrested, officials said he was wearing a ballistic vest and had an AK47 assault rifle on the passenger seat.
A man is arrested in Florida who police believe is connected to the triple homicide shooting in Louisville.
Olivo faces a charge of Kentucky warrant for murder, one count of tampering with physical evidence and three counts of murder.
Further details about Olivo's capture will be released during a news conference planned for Monday at the Louisville, Ky, Metropolitan Police Department, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office news release said.
Members of LMPD's Homicide Unit are now traveling to Florida.
He was spotted Friday evening driving on United States 19 in Pinellas County. The task force is comprised of law enforcement officers from the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, St. Petersburg Police Department and the Clearwater Police Department.
- Steve Bannon is out at Breitbart
- 5 ice fishermen rescued from Lake Erie ice floe
- Banco De Chile (BCH) Hits New 1-Year High at $102.11
- New Residential Investment Corp (NRZ) Announces Quarterly Dividend of $0.50
- India's vote on Jerusalem will not impact ties with Israel: Netanyahu
- Flotek Industries Sees Unusually Large Options Volume (NYSE:FTK)
- Elite Dangerous Offering Open Beta For Season 3
- Falcons looking to reach second straight NFC Championship Game
- Brokers Set Expectations for Wells Fargo & Co's FY2017 Earnings (NYSE:WFC)
- Jessica Falkholt continues to fights for life after life support switched off