LMPD says 46-year-old Christopher Olivo was arrested by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Violent Crime Task Force around 10:15 p.m. Friday.
Members of the countys Violent Crimes Task Force stopped Olivos auto at USA 19 and Ulmerton Road at about 10:13 p.m. Friday and he was taken into custody.
Olivo is accused of murdering a man and two women inside a Louisville, Kentucky home.
After the murders in Louisville, authorities said Olivo fled the area with his 3-year-old daughter.
When Olivo was arrested, officials said he was wearing a ballistic vest and had an AK47 assault rifle on the passenger seat.
A man is arrested in Florida who police believe is connected to the triple homicide shooting in Louisville.
Olivo faces a charge of Kentucky warrant for murder, one count of tampering with physical evidence and three counts of murder.
Further details about Olivo's capture will be released during a news conference planned for Monday at the Louisville, Ky, Metropolitan Police Department, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office news release said.
Members of LMPD's Homicide Unit are now traveling to Florida.
He was spotted Friday evening driving on United States 19 in Pinellas County. The task force is comprised of law enforcement officers from the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, St. Petersburg Police Department and the Clearwater Police Department.
- Tottenham to open contract talks with another duo, fans will be delighted
- Nike (NKE) - Investment Analysts' Recent Ratings Updates
- 5 ice fishermen rescued from Lake Erie ice floe
- Banco De Chile (BCH) Hits New 1-Year High at $102.11
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI) Position Lowered by Jaffetilchin Investment Partners LLC
- Beech Hill Advisors Inc. Sells 144935 Shares of General Electric (GE)
- Court Documents Reveal New Details in Las Vegas Shooting
- Murphy Oil (MUR) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Sell
- Steve Bannon is out at Breitbart
- Flotek Industries Sees Unusually Large Options Volume (NYSE:FTK)