A man was arrested for fatally shooting his 68-year-old mother after he threatened to kill both his parents over a broken video game headset, police said.
The incident happened Thursday night at a home along 1300 block of River Valley Circle in the city of Ceres.
Police called to Nicholson's home found his 68-year-old mother with a head wound.
Investigators determined Matthew Nicholson had been in his bedroom playing video games when he got upset and started yelling.
When the victim went to check on Nicholson, the pair began to argue.
During the argument, his headset broke, which he blamed on his mother before threatening to kill her and his father. He allegedly got a gun and shot his mother before his 81-year-old father wrestled away the gun.
"It was the father calling to report that the son had shot his wife in the head", said Ceres Police Sgt. Greg Yotsuya.
Police located him driving his auto in Riverbank, pulled him over and took him into custody without further incident.
Nicholson drove off to a relative's home but was stopped in the town of Riverbank, just north of Ceres.
Matthew Nicholson's sister Autumn White paid tribute to their mother and wrote, "I will forever love you, my best friend, my chosen one, my always, my forever my protector, my motivation, my blessing, and now my guardian angel".
He was booked into the Stanislaus County Jail where he is being held without bail.
- FM stresses need to maintain providing UNRWA services
- Analysts Recommendations Pandora Media, Inc. (P)
- Jai Simha Movie Review, Jai Simha Telugu 2017 Movie Review, Rating & Verdict
- TNT Greenlights SNOWPIERCER First Season
- California mudslide devastation seen in satellite photos
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- Analyst Earnings Estimates Review: Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (SIRI)
- Bustling Stock in Focus: The Blackstone Group LP (NYSE:BX)
- Most expensive cars in the world: review of 2018
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 8: Carl's presence will be 'critical'